I-League in Asian Champions League

Comments

• munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited December 2012

I hope we change the name of this thread to AFC cup not Asian Champion League.
    thanks to AFC, Thailand got promoted to ACL and Tajikistan is promoted to AFC Cup. As Tajikistan is geographically clser to West Asia, they went to West Zone and India took Thailand's place in East Zone. I was tired of Indian clubs defeated by likes of Arbil, Duhok, Al Wahda, Qadsia every year. Hopefully East Asia will provide new challenges.
    Dempo players should question Armando about his arrogance and stupidity of not playing in AFC Cup and denying opportunity to its players for international experience.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > I hope we change the name of this thread to AFC cup not Asian Champion League.
    thanks to AFC, Thailand got promoted to ACL and Tajikistan is promoted to AFC Cup. As Tajikistan is geographically clser to West Asia, they went to West Zone and India took Thailand's place in East Zone. I was tired of Indian clubs defeated by likes of Arbil, Duhok, Al Wahda, Qadsia every year. Hopefully East Asia will provide new challenges.
    Dempo players should question Armando about his arrogance and stupidity of not playing in AFC Cup and denying opportunity to its players for international experience.

this time dempo would  have made QF atleast easily
  • Format changes

The following changes in the format of the competition were made compared with the previous year:

• For 2013, losers of the AFC Champions League qualifying play-off no longer enter the AFC Cup.

This information I got from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFC_Champions_League

This is really insane. Suppose Dempo plays qualifying play-off, if they lose then they cannot play in AFC cup also. weird.

• That is where I disagree with the AFC. I dont mind separating the Asian countries from each competition and having an off-field criteria but this decision is really fucked up.

• what is the prize money for winning AFC Cup? and for I-league winners?

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited December 2012
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Domnic said:

usaindia said:
    > munna21977 said:
    > I hope we change the name of this thread to AFC cup not Asian Champion League.

this time dempo would  have made QF atleast easily

Colaco knows that he does not have the team that can compete in I league and AFC cup simultaneously. So he chickened out.

The I league win is easier for Dempo this yr. As the other two contenders will lose out due to the AFC Cup.

Atleast EB have a strong bench but CB dont even have that. Only time will tell whether Dempo took the right decision or CB took the wrong.

In some countries teams fight to win the league to compete in AFC. But in our "GREAT" country teams are fighting to win I league and get that peanut prize money and are not interested in AFC. All the teams are guilty of this attitude. Sucks big time.

• munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited December 2012

@sanvedjadhav
    http://www.the-afc.com/en/resources/regulations-a-guidelines/competition-regulations/2012/340-afc-cup-2012-competition-regulations

Last year the prize money for AFC Cup was 350 000 dollars. Runners up 250 000 dollars. But then there are other financial benefits. Each club gets 20000 dollars travel subsidy for away match even though host club provides accomodation in quality hotels plus food, water, local transportation etc.  The clubs get to keep gate money for the matches they host. From Round of 16, AFC gives money for every match won.

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

when does it start guys i cant wait........

:)>-

btw i am sick of dempo not playing in the afc cup,i mean Dempo is like a total supernatural team

• so it was monetarily beneficial to play in AFC cup (winners get rs 1.75 crores approx) ....they have won i-league 3 times....what has it given them monetarily?? atleast here the prize money was good enough even for every game won.... really unprofessional from dempo..... what r they gonna get after winning i-league this season too (apart from cup and pride) :))