Salgaocar News

Comments

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Lucian sbbrosa & Teemu Tainio for god's sake the both r 33.
    > >
    > >

And. Trust me, Tainio is still a very fit player. He played 14 games this season. Started 9. 

In 2011 he played 28 games out of 30. He started all 28 of those games.

He can easily play for Salgaocar for this season at least. There are only 16 games left.

>
    >

will he able to survive in hot Indian condition 

Yes... He is from Finland but he has been playing in America for three seasons. Teams like FC Dallas play in over 100 degree weather during the MLS season. New York was at a heat wave with most of out matches over 90 degrees. Will it be worst in India? Yes but I think Teemu can get used to it.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > So if Salgaocar are releasing their foreigners then we should guess who they will bring in to replace them. Obviously Luciano Sabrosa is staying (however this should be his last year, he is 33 for gods sake).

I think they should bring in Frédéric Mendy who currently plays in Singapore for Home United. He was top scorer in the 2012 S.League with 20 goals. He is a Frenchman as well. They should also bring in Phil Younghusband of the Philippines. He plays in the Filipino League and has been a beast in that league. It is time he took a step up. If you can sign him then it would be a huge signing but I hear that he is to big over their in terms of popularity so it will be hard to convince him to leave.

Then finally I feel that Salgaocar need a defensive midfielder. Sign Teemu Tainio. A defensive midfielder, he is 33 years old and is a free agent currently. He recently played for the New York Red Bulls in MLS before being released just a month ago. He is very good for his age. He used to play for Tottenham as well and Ajax and Sunderland in the EPL. He was a regular at those clubs. He will be willing to join I-League at this moment. I think he knows that is all he can do.

So overall Salgaocar would have 4 foreigners from Brazil, Finland, France, and the Philippines. That would certainly look good.

Phil and Medy are great choices both of them would easily demand 1 crore,mendy already earns a crore and should demand more if Salgaocar are to sign him.Teemu is okay but shit for I-League, he's European player so would struggle to adjust to Indian conditions so straight no.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@kid. Its the humidity that is tough to deal with in Goa. Humidity of 85% is not easy to play in together with the heat. These new guys require atleast 5 games to settle. So it is better to take known players for this season.

• > ashindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > So if Salgaocar are releasing their foreigners then we should guess who they will bring in to replace them. Obviously Luciano Sabrosa is staying (however this should be his last year, he is 33 for gods sake).

I think they should bring in Frédéric Mendy who currently plays in Singapore for Home United. He was top scorer in the 2012 S.League with 20 goals. He is a Frenchman as well. They should also bring in Phil Younghusband of the Philippines. He plays in the Filipino League and has been a beast in that league. It is time he took a step up. If you can sign him then it would be a huge signing but I hear that he is to big over their in terms of popularity so it will be hard to convince him to leave.

Then finally I feel that Salgaocar need a defensive midfielder. Sign Teemu Tainio. A defensive midfielder, he is 33 years old and is a free agent currently. He recently played for the New York Red Bulls in MLS before being released just a month ago. He is very good for his age. He used to play for Tottenham as well and Ajax and Sunderland in the EPL. He was a regular at those clubs. He will be willing to join I-League at this moment. I think he knows that is all he can do.

So overall Salgaocar would have 4 foreigners from Brazil, Finland, France, and the Philippines. That would certainly look good.

>
    >

Phil and Medy are great choices both of them would easily demand 1 crore,mendy already earns a crore and should demand more if Salgaocar are to sign him.Teemu is okay but shit for I-League, he's European player so would struggle to adjust to Indian conditions so straight no.

But he has played in America where it is much hotter then it is in Europe. He can work. 

I did not know that about Mendy and I am not surprised. Perhaps he is worth it though. He is a good striker. Same with Phil. They would deserve there wages.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > sign african players simple :P 

Emmanuel Clottey

• 33 years old. 4 goals in 29 caps. Average S.League player.

Its an okay signing but nothing special. There are much better players out there but they choose him.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

How good is he than Sean Rooney? How bad Sean Rooney whould have been?

• > Joyptan said:
    > How good is he than Sean Rooney? How bad Sean Rooney whould have been?

Who knows. Rooney was surprising to me. Imagine if he joined East Bengal, EB would have had that undefeated streak broken. Rooney seems good enough for a mid table side in this league. Perhaps Aussie Nathan Hall can get Aussie Rooney into USFC.

Back to Wilkenson, again, nothing special. He seems like an emergecy signing for Salgaocar. They needed a new player and the best they can do is him. For the former champions of India that is not good. It does make me wonder about the financial situation at the club.

However he could be a back-up for when Angel comes back.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Arsenalkid700
    > Joyptan said:

> How good is he than Sean Rooney? How bad Sean Rooney whould have been?

Who knows. Rooney was surprising to me. Imagine if he joined East Bengal, EB would have had that undefeated streak broken. Rooney seems good enough for a mid table side in this league. Perhaps Aussie Nathan Hall can get Aussie Rooney into USFC.

Back to Wilkenson, again, nothing special. He seems like an emergecy signing for Salgaocar. They needed a new player and the best they can do is him. For the former champions of India that is not good. It does make me wonder about the financial situation at the club.

However he could be a back-up for when Angel comes back.

What salgaocar is? a table topper team? They are also a mid table team.