I-League in Asian Champions League

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

India actually managed to get 403.6 points but then they failed in 17 items ending up getting 510 negative points.According to AFC I-League is ranked 6th in West Asia and 11th in Asia on the whole.

• It is a lot better then what I thought it would be. Some areas are very unsurprising and expose some lies.

We need to improve mainly on Technical Standard, Attendance, Governance, Business Scale, Stadiums, and the clubs in the league.

Of course to achieve these a lot more is going need to change.

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > It is a lot better then what I thought it would be. Some areas are very unsurprising and expose some lies.

We need to improve mainly on Technical Standard, Attendance, Governance, Business Scale, Stadiums, and the clubs in the league.

Whats surprising is that I-League is better than S-League and V-League according to the assessment by AFC.

• > ashindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > It is a lot better then what I thought it would be. Some areas are very unsurprising and expose some lies.

>
    >

Whats surprising is that I-League is better than S-League and V-League according to the assessment by AFC.

I dont think its surprising that we are better than V-League but it is definitely a surprise we are better than S.League. Now I will admit that I am not a regular viewer of V-League. I have never seen a full V-League match but only highlights. I have seen V-League teams play in the AFC Cup and usually they do well but take East Bengal and Dempo and put them against a V-League top club and the Indian club would win.

I dont see that in S.League. S.League I actually follow but I think what really killed them is the teams. The S.League is home to 3 teams who dont have any Singaporeans. Albirex Nigata, Etolli FC, and some team from Burma. All Japanese, French, and Burmese players respectively. If you go through the AFC Criteria you would see that Singapore were killed from the Stadiums, Clubs, Business Operation and Media. And what would you expect. The best Singaporeans play in the Malaysian league while the best teams are foreign.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    I-league CEO Sunanda Dhar said , Most likely one Indian Club will get a chance to take part in AFC Champions League 2014 play-off.

Also AFC will send a Special Mission Team to India.

The five-man delegation led by AFC Research and Support Services Head Steve Kim will inspect two newly promoted clubs in the I-League Mumbai Tigers and JSW and their stadiums.

The delegation will also verify the previous inspection results with the AIFF and I-League and hold a workshop on July 12 for all clubs touching on football aspects such as match operation in competitions and media, branding, stadium safety and youth development in clubs.

A meeting with officials of the AIFF and I-League will conclude the visit on July 13.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @joyptan<;div><br></div><div>if EB win AFC cup then our chances will increase(it will show our strength)  and we all know FIFA and AFC have soft heart for india...so this is quite possible...</div>
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    **New changes with the decision method for ACL (AFC Champions League) participation from the year 2015 and 2016**

1. Solely rely on AFC MA (Member Association) ranking to decide slot numbers.

2. Member Association rankings are done considering :
    -70 percent of the National Team’s performance in the last four years, which is basically the FIFA Rankings, and
    -30 percent of the performance in AFC competitions of all clubs combined for the respective MA in question.

3. Performances of all the clubs over a period of four (4) years will be taken into account when a club is to be judged for participating in AFC competitions.

4. Special Mission Team (SMT) led by AFC Research and Support Services will be travelling to I-League outfits Salgaocar, Bengaluru FC, Sporting Clube de Goa, Dempo and East Bengal for inspection.

5. Workshop for I-League clubs is scheduled to take place on August 29 at the AIFF Football House in Dwarka.

6. Until last year we used the points system to decide slot numbers.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    bad rule basically. national team performancec can't determine club performance. though it's 4 year performance still 70% is high.
    Those criteria will still come into place most of the nations might get 1 spot but not more than that if they don't meet the criteria.