Crowd support in Indian football

Comments

• @Domnic Its Barcelona. FC Barcelona play in Catalonia (their "state") and most of their players come from Catalonia. But the support for Barcelona is for different reasons.

As for the Goan clubs, I have no objection to locals equaling crowd support. I am the same with Red Bulls. I support them as a die-hard but I love it when we promote a local talent. Attracts more scouts as well to the area if they do well but be careful. Dont just promote a bunch of Goan kids for the sake of fans.

If you want to promote locals for support then make it a long-term goal. Develop the youth system better and create an Academy so that in a few years time you can have a bunch of youth players coming up who are locals and actually ready.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Domnic
    > Joyptan said:

> Cataluniya = Goa interms of general publics thinking

Dont just make some VAGUE comments for the sake of making one.  Your comments should be self explanatory and not left to the whims and fancies of people's imagination.

Oh yes i intentionally been VAUGE there,i chouldn't be too self explanatory. it whould have meant something else which i didn't meant it to be.

• Shillong Lajong will not hire any player other then North East States. May be to build up a brand name and support base, start with local talent only. In the past, Mohun bagan was completely bengali, Salgaocar Goan and so on.

• > munna21977 said:
    > Shillong Lajong will not hire any player other then North East States. May be to build up a brand name and support base, start with local talent only. In the past, Mohun bagan was completely bengali, Salgaocar Goan and so on.

Lajong are also an early club. They have been around since the 1980s but only really started pushing themselves a few years back. Its true that the club wont see true success till they sign players from outside the North-East but I am guessing that the club is just content with being gradual in terms of progress and would rather build up the youth side of the club and keeping the club good enough to avoid relegation instead of going for bigger players.

However I do question the signings of Sukore and Friday still. Minchol is brilliant though. 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > munna21977 said:
    > > Shillong Lajong will not hire any player other then North East States. May be to build up a brand name and support base, start with local talent only. In the past, Mohun bagan was completely bengali, Salgaocar Goan and so on.

>
    >

Lajong are also an early club. They have been around since the 1980s but only really started pushing themselves a few years back. Its true that the club wont see true success till they sign players from outside the North-East but I am guessing that the club is just content with being gradual in terms of progress and would rather build up the youth side of the club and keeping the club good enough to avoid relegation instead of going for bigger players.

However I do question the signings of Sukore and Friday still. Minchol is brilliant though. 

Sukore is fine.... but friday is not good enough to be a starting team of i league team.... may be good enough to be 4th foreigner for slfc
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

As far as crowd support goes... i am glad that pune fc are really improving in this section..

season by season more fans are able to find a route to stadium from distance too..

a model to follow off the field for all the clubs as far as fan building goes
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

shankar said:

Sukore is fine.... but friday is not good enough to be a starting team of i league team.... may be good enough to be 4th foreigner for slfc

Yes,friday isn't good enough. They should have waited two more days. :D

• > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > munna21977 said:
    > > > Shillong Lajong will not hire any player other then North East States. May be to build up a brand name and support base, start with local talent only. In the past, Mohun bagan was completely bengali, Salgaocar Goan and so on.

> >
    > >

>
    >

This is the same Sukore who only has 1 goal this season right compared to the 4 by Friday.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

surely a crowd will come to see d sons of d soil play..to cheer and support them..nothing like comming to cheer for a player from your locality or area.

considering the indian scenario and our non exisitant infrastructure..there must be some proviison for give aways like caps t shirts during the matches , but the Fans must pay to come in, else the clubs will bleed more to pay for the free give aways.

simple initiatives like a supporters clicking pics with their star players  or taking his interview will go a long way in promoting  the game...all this to be done before the game..

• preetampreetam 870 Points

it would be fine if I-League follow MLS style( which include american and canadian club both) or A-League(includes australian and newzeland club)
    so if I-league include one of nepal or maldives club then it will bring crowd.....(or simply bring ali asfaq in i-league then we i-league will be watched by maldives fans also....)just like we follow sporting lisbon B for sunil chhetri....