2012-13 I-League Round 15: On the line for Pune.

Comments

• > archak said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > shankar said:
    > > > Pune's real battle to be 2nd maharashtra club to win i-league starts now!!

from now on they will be among the team to beat list

> >
    > >

The first in the professional era actually. The old NFL was never considered professional.

if so then why shall eb or mb league tittle won be counted??? just asking

>
    >

I don't. If any other journalist does then thats their problem. As far as I am considered "professionalism" in domestic Indian football started in 2007 with the first season of I-League. So far the only pro league winners are Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

but FIFA counts and so does AIFF so you have to count it even if you hate to admit it

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Well the authority of indian football has given his judgement

• > archak said:
    > but FIFA counts and so does AIFF so you have to count it even if you hate to admit it

Just because FIFA considers the league does not make it professional. FIFA approves the San Marino league but that is far from professional.

To me, a professional league is a league that has a majority of clubs that are professional themselves (Fully contracted players, money to spend on club activities, federation approved stadium, majority of players who are full time footballers and dont have a second job, youth teams, youth league, basic AFC guidelines approved etc).
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

@Arsenalkid700 bro even now i-league cannot be considered professional by that conditions

• > archak said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 bro even now i-league cannot be considered professional by that conditions

Majority of teams have fully contracted players (1 year deals count to), many clubs have money to spend, all the stadiums are approved by the AFC and AIFF, majority of players are full time, every team has a youth team and we have a youth league, and we have basic AFC guidelines fulfilled at most clubs.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited January 2013

My prediction:

8 January 2013:
    Air India 1-3  Salgaocar
    Sporting Goa 3-1  Shillong Lajong

9 January 2013:
    United Sikkim 1-1. Mumbai
    Prayag United 2-1  Pune
    ONGC 1-1 East Bengal.
    Churchill Brothers 8- 0 Pailan Arrows.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points