AFC CUP 2013

Comments

• > Ashlesh said:
    > look at thailand they allowed 8 overseas player to register now they are a top footballing nation 

That is not the reason for Thailands rise at all. Smart moves were made in the overall structure and gradually Thailand saw a rise in quality. Eventually the Thai FA saw that their development programs were doing well enough and that the domestic players were doing well enough that they decided to increase the foreigners.

That is not the case in India where a 32 year old Henry Antchouet (who was recently banned from football for 2 years) can have more than double the amount of goals than the 2nd top Indian scorers in the league. Where former Nigerian amateurs like Bello Razaq can automatically look like gods and could automatically make the starting XI in the India NT.

Also it is not about the quantity of foreigners. It is the quality. Until the I-League clubs use the 4 available spots more wisely and efficiently then why increase the foreign quota? It would only lead to more Nigerian amateurs.
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> Domnic said:
    > 2-0 or 3-1  would have been respectable. But anyways the stats says that CB had 12 shots on/off goal  compared to Kitchees 10.

To be honest, from a neutral perspective (non-supporter of Churchill Brothers), it was a good result. I don't know about you guys but I have seen a few Hong Kong D1 matches. They are not hard to find if you are looking for a good game to watch on an early Saturday morning.

Of course I wont say I am an expert because I am not at all. I watch the odd game maybe 1-2 times a month. The Hong Kong League is miles ahead of India. There was no question that Churchill Brothers would lose. Kitchee are a fast side with good foreigners and Hong Kong internationals. Churchill Brothers is a side with a few Indian internationals, 1 okay foreigner, and 1 dud of a foreigner. What do you expect the result to be?

This result is respectable. Kitchee will probably win the others as well. For Churchill Brothers, I expect them to do much better as the other teams in the group are not as tough. And who knows. Maybe by the time Kitchee come to India, Kitchee would already be through to the next round and may play some youngsters. Thus allowing Churchill Brothers to win.

Its possible. 2nd place.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Ramez Dayoub who plays for Selangor FA in the Malaysia Super League may be banned for life

8->

http://www.plus961.com/2013/02/disciplinary-actions-against-the-lebanese-football-players-involved-in-match-fixing/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: Plus961 %28Plus 961%29

Hope he gets baned tonight [-O<

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Spanish striker Jordi Tarres scored twice as Hong Kong champions Kitchee beat India’s Churchill Brothers 3-0 in Tuesday’s AFC Cup Group E opener at Mongkok Stadium.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/clubs/afc-cup/25300-kitchee-v-churchill260213.html

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:

for the first time i have seen a post with YBK as background with its original look at disposal for all fans
    and not that floodlight one which is almost not the reality
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points

what does YBK stand for?

> shankar said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > image

for the first time i have seen a post with YBK as background with its original look at disposal for all fans
    and not that floodlight one which is almost not the reality

omg i cannot tell you how excited i am getting to see match live+ on espn awesome

:)>- :)>-

btw if this match can be telecasted on espn why not the cb match be telecasted on espn

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> samiam said:
    > btw if this match can be telecasted on espn why not the cb match be telecasted on espn

@nameWTHeld stated earlier that this match is telecasted only because the opponent is malaysian team and the headquarters of ESPN is there so they are telecasting this match
    so dont be surprised if this is the only match to be telecasted