who gets relegated

Comments

• > reddevil87 said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 U have started to realize the ground reality of Indian football. :)

Trust me I knew. I just thought that it would be easier to fix.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

This year , NO relegation from I-League according to senior figures at AIFF:
    As Air India & ONGC will be removed.

The reason they will have to do this is; if Air India drop into the relegation zone as do Pailan , teams will not accept relegation if they have finished in 11th or 12th spot, people will raise issues about playing Air India before they knew they were relegated & after...

Next year AIFF will remove Pailan Arrows and this will allow 1 spot for a 2nd Division team to come up in 2014.

From next season AIFF will ensure it is very difficult for teams to come up through the 2nd Division , BUT allow for teams who are willing to pay the price, to join directly.

Expect next seasons I-League to have 16 teams

• But then will there be any relegation next year? If there is any relegation, teams will come up thru 2nd division.

> munna21977 said:
    > But then will there be any relegation next year? If there is any relegation, teams will come up thru 2nd division.

If the 2 "corporate teams" ...please lets just agree to call them Expansion teams , coz thats what they are.... The criteria for the new teams is simple.
    Build a new stadium, "pay the annual fee"  for 3 years & No relegation.

Other I-League clubs will demand the same no relegation clause, so that leaves no relegation from I-League.

So 2nd Division teams can get promoted if they fulfill all the criteria....BUT the criteria can be made incredibly strict thus preventing any teams from qualifying , instead expect more expansion teams , and the league to grow from 16-18 to possibly 20 in 4 years time..

After that period they might return to promotion/relegation system...but the AIFF and new clubs don't care too much about all that....
    The main thought on Prafool Patels mind is getting 2-4 stadiums ready before 2017 so we can host the U-17 World Cup....tonnes of money to be made from the sponsor/kick backs etc. like Commonwealth games.
    FIFA have also promised India the Club World Cup twice before 2020, once again we need stadiums for this...

The new expansion clubs & the few AIFF guys all stand to make a tidy turnover on all this....

Don't expect Indian football to dramatically improve in that short period of time though.... this is after all India , ( have u forgotten the Commonwealth games??)
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points

Getting infrastructure is one aspect... my only concern is wat ll happen if these so called corporates fails to built their stadiums before pro and rel starts again? For god sake they even had not brought lands for same... How can u think of atleast 10K seaters stadium in 3-4 years?This is India, Cooperage issue is going on forever and we except new stadium in 3-4 years... BIG JOKE!!

• > gaffertape said:
    > > munna21977 said:
    > > But then will there be any relegation next year? If there is any relegation, teams will come up thru 2nd division.

>
    >

If the 2 "corporate teams" ...please lets just agree to call them Expansion teams , coz thats what they are.... The criteria for the new teams is simple.
    Build a new stadium, "pay the annual fee"  for 3 years & No relegation.

Other I-League clubs will demand the same no relegation clause, so that leaves no relegation from I-League.

So 2nd Division teams can get promoted if they fulfill all the criteria....BUT the criteria can be made incredibly strict thus preventing any teams from qualifying , instead expect more expansion teams , and the league to grow from 16-18 to possibly 20 in 4 years time..

After that period they might return to promotion/relegation system...but the AIFF and new clubs don't care too much about all that....
    The main thought on Prafool Patels mind is getting 2-4 stadiums ready before 2017 so we can host the U-17 World Cup....tonnes of money to be made from the sponsor/kick backs etc. like Commonwealth games.
    FIFA have also promised India the Club World Cup twice before 2020, once again we need stadiums for this...

The new expansion clubs & the few AIFF guys all stand to make a tidy turnover on all this....

Don't expect Indian football to dramatically improve in that short period of time though.... this is after all India , ( have u forgotten the Commonwealth games??)

Well first of all none of the so called expansion teams are gonna make any stadium. That will be imaginary stadium on paper only.
    Secondly I saw Commonwealth Games. Commonwealth Games were held on time despite media disinformation. All the stadiums were in perfect condition for Commonwealth games despite negative propaganda by Media. Corruption is a different concept-I am not touching there. But if you are saying that expansion teams will build some stadiums where India can organise U-17 World Cup? Big Joke!!!!!!

• Thats the thing that confuses me. In any country in the world, stadiums are very hard to get around. Even in England where football is treated in a god aspect it is tough. The Emirates took 10 years to be made. Liverpool, Tottenham, and Chelsea are taking forever to get a stadium done. Yes those are huge projects but still it is not as if they are just saying "Hey we want a stadium" and it will be done in 2-3 years. It takes time and effort.

For India it will obviously take a long time. However we should be looking to build small compact stadiums like they have Japan:

These types of stadiums are realistic and can be done with smart investment in 3-5 years however they wont happen because the AIFF are to hell-bent in creating super stadiums for the U17 World Cup like Mexico had. Its sad and this is what happened in South Africa. Look at the South African forums, most are not happy because now most South African matches do not even happen in the World Cup stadiums and when they are in the World Cup stadiums it sounds like no one is at the stadium. All that investment then for what? That is what is happening now in India.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

The fastest stadium built may be the Fatorda stadium which was built in a record time of 7 months to host the Nehru cup by then sports minister Francisco Monte Cruz.

Considering it was built in such quick time , the present govt. decided to inspect the steel rod in all the columns of the stadium and were amazed to find it in perfect condition. So things can be done if there is a will. And with todays machinery, it is definitely possible.

edited March 2013

Well first of all none of the so called expansion teams are gonna make any stadium. That will be imaginary stadium on paper only.
    Secondly I saw Commonwealth Games. Commonwealth Games were held on time despite media disinformation. All the stadiums were in perfect condition for Commonwealth games despite negative propaganda by Media. Corruption is a different concept-I am not touching there. But if you are saying that expansion teams will build some stadiums where India can organise U-17 World Cup? Big Joke!!!!!!

>
    >

DSK has started work on 2 practice fields ( 1 artificial & i natural ) the stadium will be ready by November 2013 in time to host the Rovers Cup.

They are following a US style , purpose built football stadium, i.e 10,000 Capacity with an option to increase to 15-20 if need be in the next 5 years.

The 2 practice grounds & facilities will be used by the National team for preparations for camps/national team games .

The elite academy will NOT come up at this location , but talks are in place , with other educational institutions in the South to host the Academy. More on that after they submit their bids at the end of April.  
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

So if they remove Pailan then will there be any Youth League ? It would really encourage the clubs to have proper Youth Development as AIFF expects them to have.