Crowd support in Indian football

Comments

• rohit chand was followed big time by nepali fans during his HAL stint.... bringing players from SAFF countries and selling i-league tv rights to those countries would be financially good option for AIFF and IMG ... but will the clubs risk buying them just for promotional purposes???

they can still  manage to sell good number of their jerseys in those football mad nations and generate overseas fan base  :-P (maldives, nepal , bangladesh , afghanistan)

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

even in present i-league also, i hear that some good amount of afghan fans are there to cheer for mumbai fc and amiri their national team captain

it just gives them the proud feeling to see their players in our league
    i feel so glad to see that amiri share the link of live matches and afghan fans go crazy and cant wait to see their star play

it could jsut be the magic touch for league to amke a big mvoe to cover entire saff region.... but first of all

goan clubs need to get goans to stadium, pune fc to bring punekars and mumbai fc need to work of mumbai fans
    then can we think about next step of globalising our league
  • Bilal Arezou will be an excellent signing for Indian club. Dempo should look into him. He has speed and can adjust to Indian conditions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_Arzou
    Ali Ashfaq we all know very well.
    Anit Gurung stint with Shillong Lajong was tactically a good move with connecting North East with Nepali fans but he did not perfrom that well. Besides Rohit Chand, I am not very much aware of Nepali footballers who can do well in big clubs in India. Sagar Thapa, Bharat Khwas, Jumanu Rai??? Sikkim can do wonders with nepali fans following Sikkim games on TV for I-league for their national team players.

• Ali Ashfaq is not even dominating in Maldives. Why let him in I-League. Its been a year since the SAFF Cup.

Arezou I would love in I-League.

• kanna11kanna11 0 Points
    edited March 2013

I've been watching I-League games recently and every single game I've watched was in the afternoons. Why is this? Obviously they will register low attendance figures when everyone is at school or work. The I-League has to change this. And also, in the Indian climate, playing in the afternoon sun takes a visible toll on the players, resulting in them playing way below the standards they can achieve.

And I don't understand how the top national league in a country with a billion people can have such poor marketing. 
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

> kanna11 said:
    > I've been watching I-League games recently and every single game I've watched was in the afternoons. Why is this? Obviously they will register low attendance figures when everyone is at school or work. The I-League has to change this. And also, in the Indian climate, playing in the afternoon sun takes a visible toll on the players, resulting in them playing way below the standards they can achieve.

And I don't understand how the top national league in a country with a billion people can have such poor marketing. 

Bro there are plenty of reasons and one of them is flood lights not working 
  • kanna11kanna11 0 Points

>archak said:> Bro there are plenty of reasons and one of them is flood lights not working 

Yeah because there is a real lack of electricians in India, right? :P
  • > kanna11 said:
    > >archak said:> Bro there are plenty of reasons and one of them is flood lights not working 

Yeah because there is a real lack of electricians in India, right? :P

Electricians cannot build towers on stadiums and install floodlights. Lack of money, will .

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Dempo Sports Club recorded their peak gate collection figures (gross) for Duler stadium in excess of Rs 1 lakh from their last four home matches. When compared to the 25,000 capacity of PJN stadium at Margao, the 1200 strong GFA managed Duler stadium definitely makes a strong point for the increased revenues. As per the records, Dempo SC recorded their highest gate collectionsof Rs 31,830 this season against Mumbai FC at Duler on February 2. It was more than the current season’s previous highest collection of Rs 31,740 recorded at PJN Margao earlier during this season. The club has thanked its fans from Mapusa who braved the scorching heat to witness Dempo matches in full capacity. One of the officials of Dempo SC added, “Earlier most of the fans used to ask us for free tickets or passes, but now they purchase their own tickets, plus you could find a lot of young crowd which was rare few years back.” I-League will now shift its base to the port city of Vasco. It now remains to be seen whether the football fans of Vasco will show the same appreciation as their Mapusa counterparts. Dempo will play Pailan Arrows at the floodlit Tilak stadium, Vasco on April 6.

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

31000?

so ticket price is 5Rs! or what  such a shame.