Crowd support in Indian football

Comments

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

EB must be getting more than 5 lakh/game.

• > jees_jose said:
    > 31000?

so ticket price is 5Rs! or what  such a shame.

In Goa, most of the fans have Free Pass issued by GFA. Afternoon time as well as long distances and lack of public transportation are the reasons for less tickets sold. We will see more fans at Vasco -Tilak Maidan especially for Salgaocar and later on Margao JLN Stadium will be ready by November.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

jees_jose said:
    31000?

Thats the collection from a fraction of the crowd. Most people have a whole season complimentary pass. These passes should be stopped from next yr.

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

jees_jose said: 31000?

Thats the collection from a fraction of the crowd. Most people have a whole season complimentary pass. These passes should be stopped from next yr.

What a pity they wont  pay RS 20 to watch a match.

edited March 2013

If the passes are stopped, the people will pay Rs.30. So it is upto GFA to stop these freebies. Even you will take one pass if offered especially if you are going to watch 52 matches per season.

All teams except maybe Sporting will run to Fatorda once ready. We all saw what happened to Seouka at Duler. He got shoulder push and had no place to fall but on concrete and injured himself.

Transport facilities from all grounds is poor for late matches. Why only single out fatorda. Infact if u walk 5 min via shortcut u will atleast reach the main Margao bus stand.

I think Fatorda will be used the most next season followed by Tilak due to floodlights. Only Sporting may play a few matches at Duler.

Note: Fatorda is really going thru a transformation. Even the structural strength was tested recently. So we could have a real good and safe stadium of Internationsl Standard.

Haha. Ashlesh when was the last time u visited Fatorda. Lol.

No doubt that people will get bored with 52 matches per year. But if these passes are abolished then clubs will make more money at Fatorda. So they should play big games at fatorda and the other games at duler and tilak so that all are happy.

And ashlesh Fatorda is having massive residential apartments all over. Plz take a look one day.You'll be amazed by the developments. The population may even be as large as Margao.

• I dont know about the developments or the exact road alignments in Goa but based on what I hear from the newspapers ALL I-League games should be at Fatorda Stadium. It will be a brilliant stadium which will look world-class (based on papers) with actual seats and a good pitch. 

I would accept Duler Stadium if a major renovation is done to it. A paint job is needed. More real seats are needed. And an extra stand. The stadium needs 4 stands and an increased capacity to at least 15,000-20,000. That would be perfect for I-League.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > MOST PROBABLY GFA WILL STOP PASSES FROM NEXT YEAR LOOKING AT DULER RESPONSE 

BUT FATORDA IS NOT LIKE DULER AND TILAK 
    TRANSPORT FACILITIES IN FATORDA FOR NIGHT MATCHES ARE VERY BAD 

I JUST WANT TO SEE ALL THREE STADIUM BEING USED NEXT SEASON

That will be good for the clubs to create a rivalry between them....
    hopefully using all stadium gets them some loyal fans ... say a dempo fan would be upset seeing churchill take the trophy rather the current situation which is not at all good for neutral to watch goan derby which presently looks like just another match