I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@soccerlover. Are you sure you want Karim totally incharge of recruitment?? We have all seen what he did at Salgaocar this year. This man should not be given total control as he will finish Bagan. Most of his signings at Salgaocar were horror signings.

Just curious about one thing. The way you have given the explanation, seems as though MB is already safe this year and planning for next I League.

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points

> Domnic said:
    > @soccerlover. Are you sure you want Karim totally incharge of recruitment?? We have all seen what he did at Salgaocar this year. This man should not be given total control as he will finish Bagan. Most of his signings at Salgaocar were horror signings.
    >
    > Just curious about one thing. The way you have given the explanation, seems as though MB is already safe this year and planning for next I League.

First to tell u about Karim : 1. I have seen this guy, the way he recruited some of the finest talents out of nowhere in MB during his first stint and it was these guys who actually were responsible for Bagan's consistent performance during 2008-2010 season before he was unceremoniously dumped by Bagan jokers ...and that marked the beginning of the downfall of Bagan. Regarding his recruitment of foreigners, it was he who brought in Ruiji frm Japan and we have all seen how he performed till the last year - and thats the reason Armando recurited him in Dempo this year.

2. Again, I hope u r aware Salgaocar won the I - League in 2011 and it was again he , who had made most of the right selections - and come to think of it , most of these guys were not high profile but they were utility players - just as he did with Bagan in his first stint. Think of any clubs in the recent past, who have won I - League without stars - and it was Salgaocar. Also, I do not quite agree with yoy, that he has ruined Salgaocar this year with his recruitments. Remember, he was being offered the job of donning the India coach's job and the Salgaocar management hadnt let him go....we keep on talking about Karim ditching Salgaocar, but have we ever discussed the atrocious decision of the Salgaocar management not to release him for India duty? Unfortunately not and thats sad.

3. Regarding  Bagan saving relegation, am hopeful they would. If u see watch Bagan's recent matches, they are playing much better and compact football with purpose and direction. And Jacobs has been feeding the strikers, which was missing in Bagan before he came and hence Bagan was unable to score in big matches earlier. Thats not the case now, and Bagan has been scoring in every game now and they have not been losing games frequently. However, its a long way even now to get into the safe zone. And again, it was Karim who had brought Quinston Jacobs to Bagan after he was released by Salgaocar - remember Salgaocar's Booth had released Jacob's and not Karim.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

You cant blame Salgaocar that Karim could not join NT. He could have just given them one month notice as he did later to join Bagan. So that issue is solved.Dont portray him as some martyr.

Secondly he was considered as one of the best coaches earlier. I agree about what he did for Bagan and Salgaocar earlier. But this year he stooped to low levels by releasing some senior players and taking substandard players and then leaving the team in the lurch. News doing rounds was that he even made handsome profits by signing the substandard foreign players.

And thirdly, I dont understand how you are a fan of Jacobs. He was rubbish at Salgaocar and such a slow player with poor finishing skills. Or maybe he is playing well now as he is indebted to Karim for employing him when he was jobless. I salute Booth for only one thing that he did "To release Jacobs".

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

> hadfadkar said:
    > Head of Youth Development of Back To Back U-20 I-League Champions, PUNE FC, Ranjan Chowdhury is Linked With The Head of Youth Development's Post Of Kingfisher East Bengal FC.

What is he going to do there ?? Sow seeds in Rural Bengal farms ?

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points

> Domnic said:
    > You cant blame Salgaocar that Karim could not join NT. He could have just given them one month notice as he did later to join Bagan. So that issue is solved.Dont portray him as some martyr.
    >
    > Secondly he was considered as one of the best coaches earlier. I agree about what he did for Bagan and Salgaocar earlier. But this year he stooped to low levels by releasing some senior players and taking substandard players and then leaving the team in the lurch. News doing rounds was that he even made handsome profits by signing the substandard foreign players.
    >
    > And thirdly, I dont understand how you are a fan of Jacobs. He was rubbish at Salgaocar and such a slow player with poor finishing skills. Or maybe he is playing well now as he is indebted to Karim for employing him when he was jobless. I salute Booth for only one thing that he did "To release Jacobs".

Mate - am not here for any war of words. We can continue debating...but end of the day its the result that matters. And being in Kolkata, and going by what Bagan players have been saying, the team is a different lot than what it was during Santosh Guardiola Kashyap's reign! Cheers!
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

If Rumours To Belived Then Pune FC Striker Jeje Lalpekhlua Is All Set To Join East Bengal FC, Meanwhile Anas Edathodika Is Linked With Mohun Bagan AC.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited April 2013

@ Dominic,
    Booth is a fool for trying to use Quinten Jacobs as a striker and thus making him appear to be slow & with poor finishing skills.

Quinten is a class player and was a stand out for many years abroad as a Centre Mid. Speka to players in Salgaocar, Sikkim who have played with him , and you will know what a class act he is on & off the field.
    He was attracting interest from Man Utd at one stage & practiced with them, but visa & other issues meant he ended up going to Hearts in Scotland.

Now that he is older , he has certainly lost his pace, but not his ability to pick out a pass. His through balls and ability to put forwards in on goal is 2nd to no-one in the I-League.

However Karim did screw up with the trying to prove that HAL discard Hamza was I-League worthy !! he soon realized how stupid that was an came to his senses. 

@Soccerlover As for picking unknown players & making them stars in Indian football, any good coach can do that !! All Indian players are SHIT, fact..some from the 2nd Division are only marginally less competent than I-League players . 
    Given good coaching this gap can easily be rectified. Eelco has done exactly this with a few players at Prayag. 
    Speaking of Eelco, when Mohun Bagan were temporarily banned.... Karim was trying to undermine Eelco to Nabab and others in a bid to try to get the Prayag job , fearing his MB job would go if they got removed from I-League. 
    Karim's behavior this season has been very childish, and he isn't going to gain any fans with his behavior. We all know about his ability as a coach, but his off field antics have been far from professional.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited April 2013

April 1st special Rumor -

1)Subrata set for Arsenal Journey -

Subrata Pal set to sign for Arsenal for the 2013-2014 season for a reported fee of 2 million.Nabab Da was glad about the move and thanked 16 year old British-American kid of Indian decent(Who is Wenger's close buddy) to have made it possible.

2)Sunil Chettri set for African Safari

Sunil Chettri is all set to sign for South African club Ajax Cape Town.After plying his trade in America(US),Europe(Portugal) and Asia(India) he said that Africa is his next holiday destination.When we quizzed about this move with sunil's agent Joshee this is what he said "Sunil always used to watch National Geographic channel and Animal Planet since childhood,he wanted something real so here it is". 

3)Mohun Bagan set to sign 4 Forwards -

In a bid to score highest number of goals next season,MB are going to sign 4 foreign forwards(all of them African fruit vendors).It is reported that their coach Karim bencharifa is going to adopt a new formation which can accommodate 4 forwards.

• > ashindia said:
    > April 1st special Rumor -

2)Sunil Chettri set for African Safari

Sunil Chettri is all set to sign for South African club Ajax Cape Town.After plying his trade in America(US),Europe(Portugal) and Asia(India) he said that Africa is his next holiday destination.When we quizzed about this move with sunil's agent Joshee this is what he said "Sunil always used to watch National Geographic channel and Animal Planet since childhood,he wanted something real so here it is". 

LMFAO!!!
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Mohun Bagan & Dempo SC Showed Interest In East Bengal's Nigerian Midfielder Penn Orji.

This discussion has been closed.