who will be top indian scorer?

Comments

• > preetam said:
    > what is the actual age of raju then???

With the way he is playing.... 78.
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

With the way he is playing.... 78.

:))

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

dont worry about real ages, most players from the youth teams tend to be overage, I normally dont like commenting on that, but I think we need to understand why so many players fade out, its not always because they are not nurtured, but many times just because they excelled playing with and against lower age players and at senor level struggle.

anyways all the u14 team players are age checked, so from that batch onwards we will have a fair team 
  • > rudra said:
    > dont worry about real ages, most players from the youth teams tend to be overage, I normally dont like commenting on that, but I think we need to understand why so many players fade out, its not always because they are not nurtured, but many times just because they excelled playing with and against lower age players and at senor level struggle.

anyways all the u14 team players are age checked, so from that batch onwards we will have a fair team 

That is a lie. Sure, the AIFF players are checked but let us not kid ourselves a believe that these guys will be the main national team at senior level. We will need to depend on other teams but the problem arises, how do we know that they are U14.

That is another reason why we need the I-League clubs to develop Academies at the U16/U14 levels. We need to know who is really a u16/u14 player and who is a fake. We cant just hope the AIFF Academy will do it all.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

no i mean the junior teams will be normalised...the expectations come from there right? we dont really care if in NT we have overaged players as long as they play well...now the core of u14,15,16-21 is gonna come from the academies.

• > rudra said:
    > no i mean the junior teams will be normalised...the expectations come from there right? we dont really care if in NT we have overaged players as long as they play well...now the core of u14,15,16-21 is gonna come from the academies.

I know but I am trying to keep what gaffer said in mind. Some players who get in overaged do well at younger levels or early in there senior career but then they fade into existence. Like Sushil Singh. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > dont worry about real ages, most players from the youth teams tend to be overage, I normally dont like commenting on that, but I think we need to understand why so many players fade out, its not always because they are not nurtured, but many times just because they excelled playing with and against lower age players and at senor level struggle.

>
    >

That is a lie. Sure, the AIFF players are checked but let us not kid ourselves a believe that these guys will be the main national team at senior level. We will need to depend on other teams but the problem arises, how do we know that they are U14.

That is another reason why we need the I-League clubs to develop Academies at the U16/U14 levels. We need to know who is really a u16/u14 player and who is a fake. We cant just hope the AIFF Academy will do it all.

The AIFF checks (MRI bone scans) for all its players in its Academies
    If you think any I-League club will do this , then dream on... even the "most professional club" Pune FC is rife with age cheating , thanks to ex TFA supremo Ranjan Choudhary.
    All TFA ( 80% +) are overaged.

At the moment , Goa and Mizoram seem to be the only states sending the proper aged players for youth tournaments.... but getting back to the topic.
    If AIFF is keen to develop Indian players, they should restrict the number of foreigners in the 2nd Division.
    Teams like South Utd, Kohima Komets struggled without ant foreigners, but the 2nd rate Nigerians or Africans who played for the likes of Aizawl FC, Luangmual, Samaleshwari, Delhi Utd, PIFA Colaba etc are just a waste of time money & resources.... they are taking up spots & playing time where Indian forwards could be developed.

I'm working with some coaches on a new 2nd Division format for next season and one of the main points is to reduce the Number of foreigners. 
    The argument often used is , they bring the crowds....BUT this is moot for the 2nd Division , especially when held in random areas like Madhya Pradesh.

If 2nd Div clubs all channelled the money they spend on foreign players , they could afford to play a regional home & away system and pay for their own travel !! surely this is better than the current system.

Will probably start a thread to get suggestions from all of you to help in the re-structure of 2nd Div...
  • If just getting rid of these foreigners automatically allows the 2nd Division teams to have the financial power to play home/away and pay for travel etc then how much does a foreigner in the 2nd Division bloody make. Must be a lot.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > If just getting rid of these foreigners automatically allows the 2nd Division teams to have the financial power to play home/away and pay for travel etc then how much does a foreigner in the 2nd Division bloody make. Must be a lot.

According to the Govt. rules...if you are asking for a visa for a foreign player , he must get $25,000per year... I know clubs offer dummy contracts & change these once the player arrives in India. This system will also be rutted out by enforcing the new measures of having the clubs send all contracts to the AIFF.

Even if you say that each foreign player is only on $1000-2000/month for 4 months, thats a bare minimum of $12,000 or 6Laks saved by teams.
    If you have a regional home & away ...Eg: South Utd, KGF Academy, 2 Kerela teams , PIFA, Kenkre, DSK & Vasco... and you play both Mumbai teams when you travel there & both Kerela teams when you visit them.... traveling by train 6 Laks is more than enough for only 3  away trips.
    Don't forget AIFF already gives a paltry amount to clubs to travel for 2nd Div ( rs 750/day for food & lodging & 2 tier A/c fares)...add this amount that they give for those 16 days and clubs could easily arrange a regional Home & away...

I've done a rough costing and there are more savings to be made 

• @gaffertape ;  how much money is given by AIFF for I-league clubs for travel. Because those games are held in home and away format. same way once 2nd division is held in this format, the allowance should improve and preferably air travel should be given. Remember that 2nd division in home and away format will include places like shillong where it will take forever to reach by train -so air travel is must. Also north east will provide good ticket revenue. <br>