I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    archak wrote: »
    </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">@arsenalkid just reread it man</font><br><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: start;"><span style="background-color: rgb(117, 152, 234); text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;"><font face="Arial, Verdana">"</font></span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(117, 152, 234); color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;">AIFF has to force into the tussle and solve it and as for fans people of old city(muslims) are crazy if you organize matches in LB Stadium you'll see fans"</span></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I missed that by accident. So I would like to reply to that now:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I see what Ash means but it is not so simple. Now, he easily knows the city more than me. I have not even been to Hyderabad in my life (I would like to though).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Now first off the LB Stadium is not good at all. It does not look good even slightly. The GMC Balayogi Athletic Stadium is a much better stadium than the LB Stadium. Secondly, I understand that we could get the old city Muslims to watch the matches but it is still not worth the AIFF's time to get a team there. First off the old city Muslims are not enough. We need fans, specially of a younger generation and I doubt you guys can get that and if you can then you guys are the lost market. The point is that you guys don't have the fan base yet from the youth and adults to warent a top tear team at the moment.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Personally for me, and this is why I like franchise leagues, we should focus more time on the markets we put teams in and aim only for the markets where football can work for now. Kolkata (2 teams), Shillong, Assam, Sikkim, Goa (2 teams), and Pune (for professionalism reasons) would make the perfect 8-team starter league. We would be guaranteed that these teams would gain fans and also if we can maintain parity between all the teams we can also maintain team popularity. Yes, I understand that this is not pan-India but again, we are not ready for that. We need to focus on where football is popular in at the top-tier. Develop other places like Kerala, Chennai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, and Punjab from the bottom.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Right now putting a second team in Mumbai and Pune will not work and soon these corporates will realize it. Same with Hyderabad. These markets are just not ready for top tier football. </font></div>
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Please vote if u want i league in fifa2014 http://www.fifplay.com/vote/
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">BTW Gaffer, how are these teams really financed. Is it really true that the company owns 100% of the team or is their a chance of other partnerships being done?</font>

<br><div><br></div><div>The guys like Venky's, Jindal (JSW) , DSK, Dodsal are mega rich and could afford to buy a European club if they choose to !</div><div>They will almost certainly be 100% owners, and probably not even bother about looking for external sponsors....</div><div><br></div><div>( if you know anything about how big business in India find tax loopholes , and ingenious ways to spend their black money , then you will understand the reasons for this )</div><div><br></div><div>The guys bidding for the Delhi or north club and the Kerela and Chennai guys were looking at a partnership model, with stadium rental/lease as they don't have the finances to be able to build in those regions ( land costs in Tier 1 metro's is on par with any major city in the world if not more ! )</div><div><br></div><div>At this stage it looks like the serious bids will come from the 1st groups mentioned & GMR  a dark horse that is sneaking under the radar, </div><div><br></div><div>Another week and the dust should settle and expect more leaks from Football House.....</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    GMR which city ?? I hope its Hyderabad :P <br>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    ashindia wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Hyderabad isn't as bad an option , but maybe in the long run , not short term.</div><div><br></div><div>Too much issues with local FA and the Telengana issue too. </div><div>GMR have enough clout that they could feasibly open up in any city, hence in my humble opinion , they have a bit of an advantage of regional players like DSK and Dodsal groups.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • sujoy76sujoy76 0 Points
    Is there any EB match on tomorrow?<br><br>when?<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    EB match on 23rd April 6:30 pm IST in AFC Cup.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    ashindia wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Hyderabad isn't as bad an option , but maybe in the long run , not short term.</div><div><br></div><div>Too much issues with local FA and the Telengana issue too. </div><div>GMR have enough clout that they could feasibly open up in any city, hence in my humble opinion , they have a bit of an advantage of regional players like DSK and Dodsal groups.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>GMR owns Delhi Daredevils, so they might go for Delhi too</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    sparta wrote: »
    <br><div>GMR owns Delhi Daredevils, so they might go for Delhi too</div>

<br><br>GMR's head office is based in Bangalore,so Bangalore too is a possibility :P <br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    GMR has a shop in Kolkata , so Kolkata too is a possibility :D