I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    gopiajeesh wrote: »
    kohlapur??<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>the players will die in 2 pm games there! And in general, unless the clubs work hard to get local support, crowd wont come like they came for local matches. I doubt Dodsal will do anything to promote in Kolhapur, doesnt go well with there brand promotion :)</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Welcome the new 'idiot' owners...<div><br></div><div>http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/dubai-owned-tigers-confirm-i-league-bid-1.1172332</div><div><br></div><div>I think guys like this Dodsal guy and the DSK , Jindal and other guys are just rich boys looking for a new toy... i doubt they will offer much to Indian football , except making a few AIFF officials very rich over the next few years  </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>That's come comment!</div><div>"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18.1875px; font-size: 10pt;">“My philosophy is to combine players from Africa, the GCC and India because at the end of the day the next 1,000 years of the planet belong to everything in this part of the world – the party in the West is over. The future Beckhams are all going to be here and the future is not 20 years from now it’s two years down the road.”</span></div>
  • rudra wrote: »
    Welcome the new 'idiot' owners...<div><br></div><div>http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/dubai-owned-tigers-confirm-i-league-bid-1.1172332</div><div><br></div><div>I think guys like this Dodsal guy and the DSK , Jindal and other guys are just rich boys looking for a new toy... i doubt they will offer much to Indian football , except making a few AIFF officials very rich over the next few years  </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>That's come comment!</div><div>"<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18.1875px; font-size: 10pt;">“My philosophy is to combine players from Africa, the GCC and India because at the end of the day the next 1,000 years of the planet belong to everything in this part of the world – the party in the West is over. The future Beckhams are all going to be here and the future is not 20 years from now it’s two years down the road.”</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Its hype though. By Africa he means Nigerian discarded amateurs, the international Western Asian player (not from a top or middle nation), and the usual Indians. And by Beckham he means the Carlos Hernandez's of this world.</div>
  • gopiajeesh wrote: »
    kohlapur??<br><br>

<br><br>Kolhapur do not have airport. Last time players were flying to Bombay, then to Pune and then bus to Kolhapur when air india games were held there for I-league. Add to that 2:30 PM afternoon heat.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">
    BTW Gaffer, how are these teams really financed. Is it really true that the company owns 100% of the team or is their a chance of other partnerships being done?</font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">The guys like Venky's, Jindal (JSW) , DSK, Dodsal are mega rich and could afford to buy a European club if they choose to !</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">They will almost certainly be 100% owners, and probably not even bother about looking for external sponsors....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">( if you know anything about how big business in India find tax loopholes , and ingenious ways to spend their black money , then you will understand the reasons for this )</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">
     </span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ya... this is not right at all.</font></div>
  • munna21977 wrote: »
    gopiajeesh wrote: »
    kohlapur??<br><br>

<br><br>Kolhapur do not have airport. Last time players were flying to Bombay, then to Pune and then bus to Kolhapur when air india games were held there for I-league. Add to that 2:30 PM afternoon heat.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>They do have the Kolhapur Airport which is due for an upgrade. Hopefully that happens soon but... when in India.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Its hype though. By Africa he means Nigerian discarded amateurs, the international Western Asian player (not from a top or middle nation), and the usual Indians. And by Beckham he means the Carlos Hernandez's of this world.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>yeah i was being sarcastic...sounds funny to me</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited May 2013
    Next games to be live telecasted on Ten Action

7th, May 4:00 PM Churchill Brothers vs Mohun Bagan in Tilak Maidan

8th May 3:30 PM East Bengal vs USFC in YBK.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Next games to be live telecasted on Ten Action

7th, May 4:00 PM Churchill Brothers vs Mohun Bagan in Tilak Maidan

8th May 3:30 PM East Bengal vs USFC in YBK.

<br><br>even now they are hesitant to play in floodlights even though both grounds have floodlights. Shame!!!!<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @munna21977 4th may(weekend) at 6:30 pm (under floodlight) East Bengal vs Dempo but no live telecast. Isn't that a Shame also?