2012-13 I-League: Round 26

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    oh he is man of the match great...
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited May 2013
    I guess people must not really like him because while his form has dipped due to Prayag dropping him mid-season... people are like "Why still India's #1??". and since he did good today people are quick to dismiss it as "1 game" and "pfft he did okay". I'm like... you can't recognize a good performance? <div><br></div><div> I'm not sure. But I really liked his performance today. Made my 5AM viewing much more pleasurable. This game is why Subrata is getting back in form and hopefully next season... whereever he goes... he can get playing time.  Hope he keeps it up and not let his talent go to waste.</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @weka that is a wrong perception u have about others.

BTW compaired to other GKs in india (including subrata himself) todays performence of Subrata was OK.
    Joyptan wrote: »
    @weka that is a wrong perception u have about others.

BTW compaired to other GKs in india (including subrata himself) todays performence of Subrata was OK.

<br><div><br></div><div>it's okay. Subrata will only be getting better from here... his form slowly gaining back confidence... I like it :)</div>
    yup he showed some sign of gettin back in form...in goal.com  commentry they said he was gud...but i'm not going to say he is at his best in basis of 1 match
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Subrata has two more big game to show his form. Against EB & MB in CFL.
    hope he will carry his form wat he showed today...its better if he gets back his old form as he is set to go 4 trial again in june-july
  • weka wrote: »
    I guess people must not really like him because while his form has dipped due to Prayag dropping him mid-season... people are like "Why still India's #1??". and since he did good today people are quick to dismiss it as "1 game" and "pfft he did okay". I'm like... you can't recognize a good performance? <div><br></div><div> I'm not sure. But I really liked his performance today. Made my 5AM viewing much more pleasurable. This game is why Subrata is getting back in form and hopefully next season... whereever he goes... he can get playing time.  Hope he keeps it up and not let his talent go to waste.</div>

<br><br><div>That is wrong. People on this forum like him but we just do not think he is good enough. If you watch the I-League on a constant basis you will see that at club level Subrata Pal has been below par. Today was an exception. I did not see the goal he let in nor did I watch the game past the 30th minute (ACT's in the morning) but from what I saw he was alright.</div><div><br></div><div>If he can put in that performance MORE THAN ONCE then the people here will get on his side and join the bandwagon that he should go abroad (even though its fake). Till then, he had a good game. That is all.</div>
    edited May 2013
    @Joyptan ;<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">CFL? soccerway isn't listing anny more matches...either way.. I cannot watch since I live away from India</span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">@Arsenalkid700 Right. Right now he is not good enough as this season was evidence. He can get back up. He made other good saves in 2nd half. I think he made more saves in the 2nd half though. And as for his league level... this season? Of course he was not good which is why he was dropped sometimes. </span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt;"> I don't think Pal should go abroad to Europe mainly because he is simply going to get benched unless its the 2nd or 3rd tier.... maybe. Pal is just gonna crawl back to I-League just like Sunil Chhetri did...</span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">However this game still says Pal got it and hopefully his form won't bend over like hell. But hey... what do I know. I won't or can't watch the CFL games :\</span></div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited May 2013
    Well Subrata is only 26 years old. He still has around 10 years left in the game. He is probably not in his prime yet so he has plenty of time to improve himself.<div><br></div><div>Right now I want him to stay in India and set a goal for himself: To start every game for his club in which he is available in the I-League and to cement himself as the top goalkeeper in the league.</div><div><br></div><div>He has it in him. The competition is not big. Karanjit, Chowdhury, Mondal, and Muckerjee are not big competition to be against so he can do it. Now he just needs to... do it. Thats it.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>As for CFL. Soccerway does not have those results. They do not do state leagues. Go to KolkataFootball.com for the CFL scores. Since it is Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, and Prayag United it should be good.</div>