IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    edited May 2013
    How can you make I-league city based? Will bangals and ghotis support a team from kolkata together? and moreover if we try that then what will be the future of EB, MB etc
  • samsam 16425 Points
    only because of this attitude prayag is not getting any fan base. everywhere in the world mostly clubs are locality based. But I dont think in Bengal any club can prosper except EB MB MOHDMDN. we can be very emotional about it but it is very bad in the long run.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Who needs a city based team in kolkata. When we already have ready made teams with huge fan base? Or does having city based teams the only way to get sucsess? And for pan india, who 'pan' can it be with only 8 teams.

IMG only want this sh*t league just to have full control over it which they can't get in I-league.
    edited May 2013
    sam wrote: »
    But I dont think in Bengal any club can prosper except EB MB MOHDMDN. we can be very emotional about it but it is very bad in the long run.

Explain....
  • samsam 16425 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Don't get worked up joyptan. We were having a positive discussion but after this kind language I don't think it will be wise to continue. Anyway I may not agree with you fully in all the matters but both of us want to see indian football prosper as a fan, So i appreciate your views. </font>
  • samsam 16425 Points
    edited May 2013
    If you want to have a positive fruitful discussion (like we were doing) again, let me know. i will be always ready. It was nice discussing with you and thanks for many of your posts. Those were really nice.
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to know when in a single state 'only 3' clubs(how many more needed anyway?) can prosper how can that be bad in long run?

And i'm not getting worked up.
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    But I dont think in Bengal any club can prosper except EB MB MOHDMDN. we can be very emotional about it but it is very bad in the long run.

Explain....

<br><div><br></div><div>Rise of new teams with considerable fan base will make our leagues more competitive. Hence will increase quality of football as well.</div>
  • samsam 16425 Points
    edited May 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">england is of a size of west bengal. may be less. how many competitive teams they have? small clubs also have fan base there</font>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">england is of a size of west bengal. may be less. how many competitive teams they have?</font>

I have nothing more to say after this. I had enough for today.
This discussion has been closed.