Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

lithinthomaslithinthomas 237 Points
edited July 2013 in Bengaluru FC
<p>Now its the time to start a thread for JSW - a newcomer in I-league.</p><p>Guys, you can post all news about JSW here.</p>

Comments

• lithinthomaslithinthomas 237 Points
    <p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">The advent of two new Clubs for the 2013-14 edition of the I-League has been a significant development in Indian Domestic Football. With the pre-season knocking at the door, it’s a race against time for Bangalore-based Club JSW. In a freewheeling interview to <a style="line-height: 1.6em;" href="http://www.the-aiff.com/">www.the-aiff.com</a>, Mustafa Ghouse, CEO, JSW Sports speaks at length about his Club’s Philosophy, the future plans, building the fan base, the future squad and much more. <strong>EXCERPTS:</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>What prompted JSW to venture into the I-League?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Football is one of the fastest growing sport in the country with an ever increasing fan-base. As football lovers, there was always a desire to be associated with the sport. The bidding process initiated by All India Football Federation was an interesting one and it provided us an opportunity which we were keen to explore.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>Explain to us the philosophy of JSW.</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Sports stay an integral part of our culture and we have been promoting it at the youth level for long. We intend to carry forward the same philosophy and build upon it. There’s an abundance of talent in India who needs to be nurtured for them to excel in the near future.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Very few stay aware that JSW have their own Academies too where sportspersons from various other disciplines are presently being trained.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>How do you intend to become a Household name as far as Indian Football is concerned?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Commercially speaking, there’s enormous potential as far as the I-League is concerned. We appreciate the efforts being made by AIFF. At the same time we are optimistic that we can do our bit as well to simultaneously increase the standards of the I-League and our Team.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>How do you plan to get back the revenue which you will be investing?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">We are working on our business model and are looking at various options which would help us to be commercially viable and sustainable in years to come.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>Building a team from scratch is not a matter of joke. With the pre-season knocking at the door, how far have you been able to rope in your staff and players?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">The process is on and we are working hard to be ready in time for the pre-season to kick-off.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>But we haven’t heard anything on Player’s signings as yet.</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Like I said, it’s an ongoing process and we will surely make an announcement as and when we are ready.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>Will Community Development stay on your priority list?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">Community development will always stay on our priority list. As a Group, the JSW Foundation is into a lot of CSR activities and we will be using their expertise over the same. We will start in Bangalore and then spread it on a pan-Indian scale.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;"><strong>How much confident are you of building a fan base for the Club? Will JSW explore the opportunities involving Merchandising?</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">We are pretty confident. Bangalore is known to be a football loving city. Considering the fact that it has been a while since a team from Bangalore has participated in the I-League, we are hopeful that the City will rally behind us.</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family: bookman old style;">I feel it’s still early days for sports merchandising in India. We will eventually venture into it but not right now.</span></span></p>
    <p>As JSW is the only club from South India, I have decided to support this new club in the coming season.</p><p>All the best JSW. Eagerly waiting for the squad....</p>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    We don't even have a team name yet so why a thread?
    <p>no probs.</p><p>when the name is announced, we can post in this thread.</p>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    shouldn't this be under indian club football category??
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    What is full form of JSW? <br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    A general consideration is that unless the club name is announced, one would not open a new thread. Here JSW means nothing, ust a company name. But now that you have created the thread, we can wait for the name of the club and then rename the thread. It would harm our reputation with Google Search Engine though. So just be a little patient with the threads people :)
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    even my team from now would be JSW untill they get a team in hyderabad
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    once I go back to Bangalore, we might have maximum updates and photos regarding this team :P
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    once I go back to Bangalore, we might have maximum updates and photos regarding this team :P

<br><br>Subhajyoti da can provide us with more answer till then<br>