SAFF Championship 2013, Final, India vs Afganistan Live Discussions

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Afghans will play rough game like they did against Nepal. Our players need to do the opposite..keep calm and let them get the cards. Frustrate them. And win
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Afghans wont pepper u with shots althought they might have more of the ball..soak up and take ur chances. Kargar already talked abt revenge which isnt best thing to say in public i think.
  • Shah476 wrote: »
    Afghans wont pepper u with shots althought they might have more of the ball..soak up and take ur chances. Kargar already talked abt revenge which isnt best thing to say in public i think.

<br><br>Kargar talking like Pathan.<br> :P<br>Afghanistan players are far more mature then last time. Revenge and thinking about last time referee will only put more pressure on them. one thing I still dont undertsand-why penalty was repeated in Nepal game and also in last time Finals? Sunil Chhetri converted both while Rohit Chand lost both. After suspension of Lenny and Mehtab,lets see Wim give chance to whom- Allwyn or Raju or Mohanraj??? <br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    anyway coming back to tactical stuff...<div>When i joined in 2nd half yesterday, i hardly cared about anything else than we just winning it....looking back at the 1st half, <span style="font-size: 10pt;">wim obviously didn't play the Bob/Toal/Bulpin styled game... </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">long ball was there as always but it was still lone striker game....jeje was coming from left, arata middle, francis right...i am glad that wim is able to keep up the system and improve the team.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">so for finals, sunil replaces robin at the front.</span></div><div><div>the backline will most probably be same..</div><div>arata  will take the attacking midfielder kind of position...so alwyn/jewel unlikely</div><div>jeje is improving as he keeps coming from left side...francis keeps his right wing</div></div><div><br></div><div>so two CDM's wanted and these are crucial positions..as they not only defend but pass too...i wonder whether wim would consider arata there (dunno how well can he defend) and puts jewel/alwyn in the atatcking mid position...still one position left, and i also have a feeling whether one of the unused CB will take the place.....</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Glad @Rudra has brought things back to a sensible state after all the expected hyperbole following what should be a routine victory.<div><br></div><div>As noted , Wim didn't have to resort to direct football to achieve this ( although we are yet to score from open play in this tournament , but this is more a statement on Indian strikers/midfielders than any system ) </div><div><br></div><div>For all the praise about Subrata, he was once again awful. Lucky not have been red carded !! before you al jump on this statement , hear me out. Agreed , Ashfaq dived , but 9/10 referees would've given a PK and a most of those probably a red card .... for the simple reason that although it was inside the box this daft erratic goalkeeper insists on coming out with his feet not his hands ! yet when out side the box vs. Pakistan he does chose to handle it !!</div><div>Pal's stupid punching habits & desire to come for every cross, makes him an absolute liability, but as we know , he is clearly the best we have....now what does that say about our GK standards !!?</div><div><br></div><div>I won't even start on Mangi & Nirmal coz its pointless ...</div><div><br></div><div>Given the suspensions to Mehtab & Lenny, would prefer to see Wim retain Robin up top ,have Jewel holding with Sunil dropping into midfield to provide some better quality.</div><div>Arata by default gets to stay in the side, but we have to start looking further for midfielders after this.</div><div><br></div><div>Adil & Lalkamal need to get back in shape & become regular contributors again this season , and also hope Dika has learnt from this past year.</div><div><br></div><div>Before we start pitching for Brandon & Uttam , don't get carried away by Nilanjan's reports on AIFF.com and bear in mind most of our U-19 & U-23 players have been ruined by Toal.</div><div><br></div><div>We might win the SAFF Cup and paper over the cracks, but Wim or no Win the underlying issues still remain........</div><div><br></div><div>is this the best we can produce......? a laboring 1-0 over Maldives, a draw vs. Bangladesh and a fortuitous win over Pakistan not to mention the embarrassment of Nepal game</div><div><br></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    but you are suggesting sunil even behind Arata! that would be something....next day Bengali press will tear him apart :P<div><br></div><div>i have actually thought, in general (not for this match), if wim cant get players like alwyn, jewel, arata to play how he wants to maybe he can use sunil behind the front man...MB, CB did that with good effects..yes they had odafa and henry....but in any case sunil is also not scoring,  atleast he  will bring some confidence...and then put Mr. Robin or whoever he pleases...</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw I saw Robin Singh talking to kantipur TV and one of his comments really annoyed me...<div>asked how do u see the finals?</div><div>he says, "We will kick some Afghani ass, and win the cup"....honestly this is very careless from someone who is representing the country....if ashfaq ali's comment about india being weak brought so much attention, this is worse....</div><div>this guy must realise that there is a difference between talking to buddies and talking to the press, esp. when u are wearing that India jersey</div>
  • samsam 16425 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Glad @Rudra has brought things back to a sensible state after all the expected hyperbole following what should be a routine victory.<div><br></div><div>As noted , Wim didn't have to resort to direct football to achieve this ( although we are yet to score from open play in this tournament , but this is more a statement on Indian strikers/midfielders than any system ) </div><div><br></div><div>For all the praise about Subrata, he was once again awful. Lucky not have been red carded !! before you al jump on this statement , hear me out. Agreed , Ashfaq dived , but 9/10 referees would've given a PK and a most of those probably a red card .... for the simple reason that although it was inside the box this daft erratic goalkeeper insists on coming out with his feet not his hands ! yet when out side the box vs. Pakistan he does chose to handle it !!</div><div>Pal's stupid punching habits & desire to come for every cross, makes him an absolute liability, but as we know , he is clearly the best we have....now what does that say about our GK standards !!?</div><div><br></div><div>I won't even start on Mangi & Nirmal coz its pointless ...</div><div><br></div><div>Given the suspensions to Mehtab & Lenny, would prefer to see Wim retain Robin up top ,have Jewel holding with Sunil dropping into midfield to provide some better quality.</div><div>Arata by default gets to stay in the side, but we have to start looking further for midfielders after this.</div><div><br></div><div>Adil & Lalkamal need to get back in shape & become regular contributors again this season , and also hope Dika has learnt from this past year.</div><div><br></div><div>Before we start pitching for Brandon & Uttam , don't get carried away by Nilanjan's reports on AIFF.com and bear in mind most of our U-19 & U-23 players have been ruined by Toal.</div><div><br></div><div>We might win the SAFF Cup and paper over the cracks, but Wim or no Win the underlying issues still remain........</div><div><br></div><div>is this the best we can produce......? a laboring 1-0 over Maldives, a draw vs. Bangladesh and a fortuitous win over Pakistan not to mention the embarrassment of Nepal game</div><div><br></div>
    I don't agree with some of the points !!
  • sam wrote: »
    gaffertape wrote: »
    I don't agree with some of the points !!

<br/>

Which ones?
  • harry191 wrote: »
    afghanistan are going to come hard at us ..<br> we need to sap thier energy out at first by defending and then play some football.<br><br>balal arezou  and mashriqi are real threats <br>

Belal would be, but Mashriqi hasn't been impressive so far! I'd say the real threat is Mustafa Azadzoi