SAFF Championship 2013, Final, India vs Afganistan Live Discussions

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    for the first time I dont agree with Gaffertape
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    btw I saw Robin Singh talking to kantipur TV and one of his comments really annoyed me...<div style="font-weight: normal;">asked how do u see the finals?</div><div style="font-weight: normal;">he says, "We will kick some Afghani ass, and win the cup"....honestly this is very careless from someone who is representing the country....if ashfaq ali's comment about india being weak brought so much attention, this is worse....</div><div style="font-weight: normal;">this guy must realise that there is a difference between talking to buddies and talking to the press, esp. when u are wearing that India jersey</div>

<br><br>Maybe, trying to become the "Virat Kohli" of Indian football. Hope that he does support that attitude with his performance. Seems like, he doesn't have good dribbling ability and whenever he was getting the ball he was just backpassing. <br><br><b>Someone send these guys to a brazilian school who will atleast teach them dribbling :(</b>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <span style="font-style: normal;">@Rudra...</span><i>.<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">btw I saw Robin Singh talking to kantipur TV and one of his comments really annoyed me...</span></i><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i>asked how do u see the finals?</i></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i>he says, "We will kick some Afghani ass, and win the cup"....honestly this is very careless from someone who is representing the country....if ashfaq ali's comment about india being weak brought so much attention, this is worse....</i></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i><br></i></div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><i>B</i>ecause he is a Delhi wala guy. These guys are Janani type and likes to boast themselves. Oh i even hate Virat kohli..his attitude....horrible</div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    @Joyptan aka anivo biswas...thanks yaar. Wheneevr you start the thread of Indian game India is bound to win the match. Hope this time too it happens. But Afghans are really a good team. We cannot take them lightly.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Glad @Rudra has brought things back to a sensible state after all the expected hyperbole following what should be a routine victory.<div><br></div><div>As noted , Wim didn't have to resort to direct football to achieve this ( although we are yet to score from open play in this tournament , but this is more a statement on Indian strikers/midfielders than any system ) </div><div><br></div><div>For all the praise about Subrata, he was once again awful. Lucky not have been red carded !! before you al jump on this statement , hear me out. Agreed , Ashfaq dived , but 9/10 referees would've given a PK and a most of those probably a red card .... for the simple reason that although it was inside the box this daft erratic goalkeeper insists on coming out with his feet not his hands ! yet when out side the box vs. Pakistan he does chose to handle it !!</div><div>Pal's stupid punching habits & desire to come for every cross, makes him an absolute liability, but as we know , he is clearly the best we have....now what does that say about our GK standards !!?</div><div><br></div><div>I won't even start on Mangi & Nirmal coz its pointless ...</div><div><br></div><div>Given the suspensions to Mehtab & Lenny, would prefer to see Wim retain Robin up top ,have Jewel holding with Sunil dropping into midfield to provide some better quality.</div><div>Arata by default gets to stay in the side, but we have to start looking further for midfielders after this.</div><div><br></div><div>Adil & Lalkamal need to get back in shape & become regular contributors again this season , and also hope Dika has learnt from this past year.</div><div><br></div><div>Before we start pitching for Brandon & Uttam , don't get carried away by Nilanjan's reports on AIFF.com and bear in mind most of our U-19 & U-23 players have been ruined by Toal.</div><div><br></div><div>We might win the SAFF Cup and paper over the cracks, but Wim or no Win the underlying issues still remain........</div><div><br></div><div>is this the best we can produce......? a laboring 1-0 over Maldives, a draw vs. Bangladesh and a fortuitous win over Pakistan not to mention the embarrassment of Nepal game</div><div><br></div>

Dont agree with some points as well. First Chettri cannot drop to the Midfield. His strength is his Pace and dribbling. He cannot be part of the Midfield battle, India lacks quality in the final third, You need chettri there. Probably keep him either in 4-4-2 system as a striker along with Robin, Or keep him CAM where he can feed of Robin and/or collect the ball and run at the defense. Chetrri up alone is useless.

Subrata is still the best keeper you can hope for. Yes the failed punch could be costly but with such a horrible back pass by Nirmal, Subrata had no other options but to charge and close the angle and hope the striker makes a mistake. Could have been a penalty but thats the only way he could have rescued the situation.
    Build on what you have been given, So if this is the best then after Saff you have sometime to scout more people since there aint anything till the next year mate. Focus on the final and get the cup then focus on what other better options are there.

• Arata is now automatic choice (hope his back injury is minor) for central midfield but who will be his partner? Nirmal Chettry has played few games as defensive midfielder for EB and Raju can be a right back , or it may be Jewel & Arata ... But dont know what is going to happen. Yesterday I watched the game (thanks for link) and found some shape after a long time. In the final it would be very hard to keep the shape without two first choice center midfielders. I respect Wim's descision to go with 4-2-3-1 and hope he continues with that in the final.  
  • Subrata,Nirmal,Gourmangi,Arnab,Nabi,Arata,Jewel,Francis,Alwyn,Jeje,Sunil in a 4-2-3-1 combo to start with later<div>we can bring in some physicality with Jhingan in the CDM position & Robin upfront with Sunil dropping back in the CAM position in place of Alwyn.</div>
  • No genuine CM/CDM in the team with Mehtab & Lenny suspended.Adil or Lalkamal would've done a world of good to this team.
  • @gaffertape and @rudra some very good tactical points... but playing arata and jewel together in CDM and sunil at CAM would make the team very weak in defence. I prefer Raju or any other defensive player as CDM and arata and jewel as CM and Sunil upfront. I am opting for 4-1-2-2-1 formation. What's ur take on tat??
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Somehow,i am getting a very strong feeling that Sunil and Alwyn will step up and dismantle Afghanistan.<br>