SAFF Championship 2013, Final, India vs Afganistan Live Discussions

Comments

• dx7778 wrote: »
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Glad @Rudra has brought things back to a sensible state after all the expected hyperbole following what should be a routine victory.
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>As noted , Wim didn't have to resort to direct football to achieve this ( although we are yet to score from open play in this tournament , but this is more a statement on Indian strikers/midfielders than any system ) </DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>For all the praise about Subrata, he was once again awful. Lucky not have been red carded !! before you al jump on this statement , hear me out. Agreed , Ashfaq dived , but 9/10 referees would've given a PK and a most of those probably a red card .... for the simple reason that although it was inside the box this daft erratic goalkeeper insists on coming out with his feet not his hands ! yet when out side the box vs. Pakistan he does chose to handle it !!</DIV>
    <DIV>Pal's stupid punching habits & desire to come for every cross, makes him an absolute liability, but as we know , he is clearly the best we have....now what does that say about our GK standards !!?</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>I won't even start on Mangi & Nirmal coz its pointless ...</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Given the suspensions to Mehtab & Lenny, would prefer to see Wim retain Robin up top ,have Jewel holding with Sunil dropping into midfield to provide some better quality.</DIV>
    <DIV>Arata by default gets to stay in the side, but we have to start looking further for midfielders after this.</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Adil & Lalkamal need to get back in shape & become regular contributors again this season , and also hope Dika has learnt from this past year.</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Before we start pitching for Brandon & Uttam , don't get carried away by Nilanjan's reports on AIFF.com and bear in mind most of our U-19 & U-23 players have been ruined by Toal.</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>We might win the SAFF Cup and paper over the cracks, but Wim or no Win the underlying issues still remain........</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>is this the best we can produce......? a laboring 1-0 over Maldives, a draw vs. Bangladesh and a fortuitous win over Pakistan not to mention the embarrassment of Nepal game</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <P>
    Dont agree with some points as well. First Chettri cannot drop to the Midfield. His strength is his Pace and dribbling. He cannot be part of the Midfield battle, India lacks quality in the final third, You need chettri there. Probably keep him either in 4-4-2 system as a striker along with Robin, Or keep him CAM where he can feed of Robin and/or collect the ball and run at the defense. Chetrri up alone is useless. Subrata is still the best keeper you can hope for. Yes the failed punch could be costly but with such a horrible back pass by Nirmal, Subrata had no other options but to charge and close the angle and hope the striker makes a mistake. Could have been a penalty but thats the only way he could have rescued the situation. Build on what you have been given, So if this is the best then after Saff you have sometime to scout more people since there aint anything till the next year mate. Focus on the final and get the cup then focus on what other better options are there.
    <BR></P>
    <P>@<;STRONG><FONT color=#1e79a7>dx7778</FONT></STRONG>   no denying Subrato is one of d best GK in India , he is specally motivated when donning the NT colors...However he  consistently does something stupid or crazy..in this instance if you watch the video his went for d ball with his legs, i dont think there was even contact with the ball.Also remeber Maldives player was past the last indian man , we were fortunate Ref thought its a OK challenge otherwise a sure penalty + possible red card as mentioned by @Joyptan .</P>
  • Wim Koevermans: We Will Approach Afghanistan Differently

http://www.goalnepal.com/news.php?id=15986
  • Sunil Chhetri: It Was Difficult To See Semis Match From Stand

http://www.goalnepal.com/news.php?id=15990
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    edited September 2013
    <P>@<;STRONG><FONT color=#1e79a7>dx7778</FONT></STRONG>   no denying Subrato is one of d best GK in India , he is specally motivated when donning the NT colors...However he  consistently does something stupid or crazy..in this instance if you watch the video his went for d ball with his legs, i dont think there was even contact with the ball.Also remeber Maldives player was past the last indian man , we were fortunate Ref thought its a OK challenge otherwise a sure penalty + possible red card as mentioned by @Joyptan .</P>[/quote]

Correct, He is prone to having a rush of blood which mostly end tragically for India but he is still the best we have.
    As a goal keeper i however understand that to cut the angle and force a mistake, Goalkeepers always rush for the ball. In this case, the striker clearly has beaten him for pace and took the ball away from the keeper, hence he had to stick his leg out. Relieved that the referee thought otherwise else straight red.
    Thankfully as well that the striker made more than what was required to win the penalty. Lol he fell as if he was jumping into the diving pool.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    @gaffertape and @rudra some very good tactical points... but playing arata and jewel together in CDM and sunil at CAM would make the team very weak in defence. I prefer Raju or any other defensive player as CDM and arata and jewel as CM and Sunil upfront. I am opting for 4-1-2-2-1 formation. What's ur take on tat??

<br><div><br></div><div>I suggested sunil in CAM for later games...i dont think we should do anymore experiment here.</div><div>in that case our regular CDM's will take their place....</div><div>My problem with Raju is that he cant pass, he is very awkward with the ball on his feet, how will he cope in a CDM position, coz these players need to hold the ball and pass, initiate attacks. He can only be what in Bengali football we often refer as 'spoiler' where u put a guy in the middle who cant pass or hold, but his aim is only to irritate opponents, tackle and destroy  attacking moves</div><div>lets see what wim does</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I prefer Karanjit exactly for that...I know Karanjit would concede some goals which Subrata will save...but GK position needs to be stable and less maverick...subrata, for his great saves, also comes up with some really stupid stuff...thats why..but anyways given his star status, its ok i guess
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    I just dot like the way Amiri and Afghan coach go on and on saying that they are technically and physically superior than India in the press conference..Multiple times they repeated that they lost SAFF finals due to ref and will now take revenge..their team is all geared up for revenge..This cud be their undoing..we can tactically outsmart them at their own game..looking forward to how Wim responds now..for once I really enjoyed his attitude at the press conference...he and Chhetri were 45 mins late and Wim said his players recovery was more important than any press conf....if the journalists have a problem with that he simply doesnt care...wow..felt so good to hear that straight in the face :)<br>
  • rudra wrote: »
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    @gaffertape and @rudra some very good tactical points... but playing arata and jewel together in CDM and sunil at CAM would make the team very weak in defence. I prefer Raju or any other defensive player as CDM and arata and jewel as CM and Sunil upfront. I am opting for 4-1-2-2-1 formation. What's ur take on tat??

<br><div><br></div><div>I suggested sunil in CAM for later games...i dont think we should do anymore experiment here.</div><div>in that case our regular CDM's will take their place....</div><div>My problem with Raju is that he cant pass, he is very awkward with the ball on his feet, how will he cope in a CDM position, coz these players need to hold the ball and pass, initiate attacks. He can only be what in Bengali football we often refer as 'spoiler' where u put a guy in the middle who cant pass or hold, but his aim is only to irritate opponents, tackle and destroy  attacking moves</div><div>lets see what wim does</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Tats y i prefer raju in CDM for 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Raju will be spoiler and our team would not depend on his passing. Arata and Jewel can be creative part. Sunil will be lone striker. But, i agree tat experimentation would be risky for final. But given tat we are devoid of first choice CDMs, we have to take a risk one way or the other.  </div>