2013-14 I-League Round 5: Battle of Title & Relegation Contenders

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    Any idea what kind of a goal it was..a tap in or an opportunistic strike/header..whats his age btw??<div>Heard Wim is going to coach India U-23 also now for next years Asian qualifiers and Asian Games </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>He is 22 now.</div>
  • why anybody nt discus about telecast of i league.ystday match frm kolkata lkng standard telecast...dulr ground small,thts y telecst frm goa pathetic
    The Pune one was complete shit. No scoreboard!!!!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited October 2013
    They are so inconsistent with the telecast. All it takes is to build a high platform at smaller venues which should not be a big deal in the age of engineering. This endeavour should come from the clubs. But clearly Goan clubs can't care less for a few hundred fans on TV. This is one reason I think why 4 teams from a small place like Goa is an overkill. They should have at most two teams that would be managed with a proper outlook.
    namewtheld wrote: »
    They are so inconsistent with the telecast. All it takes is to build a high platform at smaller venues which should not be a big deal in the age of engineering. This endeavour should come from the clubs. But clearly Goan clubs can't care less for a few hundred fans on TV. This is one reason I think why 4 teams from a small place like Goa is an overkill. They should have at most two teams that would be managed with a proper outlook.

<br><div><br></div><div>You.... I like you.</div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Why do clubs have to bother abt quality of TV telecast. They don't even get a penny from it. The job of clubs is restricted to the safe and proper conduct of matches.
    They don't get a penny for playing the I-league either. So why field a team at all? That would solve all the problems. If you want to be in the league, be serious. I wouldn't have said this if I hadn't seen Bengaluru FC and what can be achieved in 2 months! The AIFF is unnecessarily making a heavy weather of professionalizing the league. In simple steps, create a finance model, auction new franchisee, relegate non-compliant teams to a proper 2nd Division league
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    But then many are against IMG league. Ideal thing could be to add 8 new franchisee teams in addition to BFC and PFC from next season and demote all the other teams. But on what grounds can they be demoted. They can argue that BFC and PFC also don't satisfy many criteria.
    @NameWTHeld is 100% right. I mean, imagine if a club like East Bengal or Dempo put in the same amount of effort Pune FC does when it comes down to things like video production. Seeing all the EB or Dempo highlights in pure HD with perfect pre and post match interviews which kick "News Time" in the ass.<div><br></div><div>Just that added effort could have some good long-term affects for the clubs.</div>
    I didn't talk about IMG league. And if AIFF is strong enough, they can do it. No club needs to qualify for all the criteria but there is a certain threshold. I am sure BFC crosses that threshold and by next year they will have a complete stadium after the south stand is refurbished. It can be done