2013-14 I-League Round 6

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> 
    harry191 wrote: »
    @akoi: can you give all of us froma neutral perspective. how these clubs are shillong lajong,rangdajied, langsning.
    which is the most supported club in shillong.
    and what does rangdajied means ??
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Let me help here....</div><div><ol><li><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Shillong Lajong FC are the newest of all these clubs in Shillong , and are not a locality based team. The team was started in the early 80's to promote local players. In the local language , Khasi.."Laj</span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ong" means "our own"..hence the uproar often on their FB page that there are no Khasi* players in the team.... one must not forget that when they 1st got promoted they had a team stacked with local Khsai players...and they succeeded in finishing dead last and got relegated. They were only promoted & stayed up after they made some changes to their club policy. They still have a North Easterners only policy ... with the obvious exception of foreigners.. and for this past 2 seasons , they have allowed non-NE goalkeepers for the obvious height reasons.</font></li><li><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Langsning are the oldest & most successful club in Shillong..having won the Shillong League ( now Shillong Premier League{SPL} ) on numerous occasions. The Rapsang family are the primary investors and the team is from the Langsninh-Jowai region... a very large locality on the entrance to Shillong. As a locality based club , they attract 100's of locality folk when they play in the SPL</font></li><li style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Rangdajied ( formerly Ar-hima ) are from the upper Shillong region and are backed by the captain & star midfielder Eugeneson Lyngdoh's father Bah Sun . Another club with a long history of success in the SPL, and have finally cracked the I-League after numerous valiant attempts in teh 2nd Division over the past 5 years. As another locality based teams from the suburbs of Shillong , they too draw large crowds for the SPL games. They too have tried to "poach" the local support of SLFC by fielding more Khsai's on the squad.. a move that will be one of the reasons for their demise</span></li><li><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Royal Wahingdoh are a a re-branding of the old Wahingdoh sports club. Having seen the success of SLFC in 2009-10 the owner Dominic Sutgna ( liquor warehouse business , nightclub , bars etc.) decided to become prime investor of the Wahingdoh team. The Royal Stag sponsorship of the SPL and this team , helped catapult them as the team to beat in Shillong & for a brief time in the 2nd Division. Slightly more sensible in team make up , good mix of Manipuri's and Mizo's with just the best local talent... they too can draw larger crowds, as Wahingoh locality is the area around the Football stadium , and a locality known for some "hardcore fans" / hooligans.</font></li></ol><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As SLFC were the only team in 2009-10 they used to have plenty of support from RWFC , Langsning & Arhima fans in the I-League.... but SPL games their fan were outnumbered.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The improvement of RWFC & Arhima/Rangdajied saw them eat into SLFC's fan base..... matches in Imphal, Aizawl and Guwahti has helped SLFC have a broader fan base...but in Shillong for SPL games they would be # 4 at times in terms of crowd support !!</font></div>
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Good one Gaffer!!<br>
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Akoi you are not from AP..You are the real Indian..the star of this forum :)<br>
  • @akoi: good mate ..arunachal Pradesh i believe rather than andhra pradesh.
    Give one tight slap to the chinese trying to come into our indian land.
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p><em>They have allowed non-NE goalkeepers for the obvious height reasons</em>....This is lame. There are lots of 6 footer NEian goalkeepers. Anyways i want SLFC to end the only NE criteria and look for players from all over the country. This policy is restricting them from finding more talents.</p><p><em>@Ronny.. Akoi you are not from AP..You are the real Indian..the star of this forum . </em></p><p>Every body is a real Indian lover here and as for me I am very patriotic about India  L-) </p><p> </p><p><em>@harry Give one tight slap to the chinese trying to come into our indian land.</em></p><p>Arunachalees hate China to core for intimidating India time and again although everything is similar to them but we talk, eat , laugh and play India in our blood. Hindi rather than mandarin or cantonese, Bollywood rather and chinese movie etc etc. Hindustan hi apna desh!!!</p>
  • @akoi: so you can brief all about the football in arunachal pradesh.. does itanagar have a football club?
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    Heeee......there are lots of tournaments going on in Arunachal Pradesh as per Arunachal times. But I do not have any knowledge about proper professional club as i am outside NE for a decade now. 
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    The infrastructure is very weak there not only for football but other games as well.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @akoi. Who is Head Hunter ??<br> :-?