2013-14 I-League Round 13: True Professionalism Leads the Race.

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
edited December 2013 in I-League 2013-14
The final round of the first half of the I-League will be an entertaining one. The round will commence on Friday, the 6th of December, with three matches. After finally picking up their first set of three points in round 11, Churchill Brothers will be hoping to gain their second set and perhaps get out of the relegation zone with a victory against the leaders Bengaluru FC. Meanwhile, Shillong Lajong will be hoping to get back to non-losing ways against Salgaocar who have slipped a little in their challenge for the I-League title with the side falling to two defeats in their last two matches. And then to finish the first day of the round we will have a Mini Kolkata derby with Mohun Bagan facing off against United in a night time fixture at the Salt Lake Stadium. Mohun Bagan will be searching for their first victory after failing to win their last five I-League matches while United will be hoping to build on last rounds 1-1 draw to Pune.

Then, on Saturday, we shall begin the day with the Panjim derby when fourth place Sporting Goa host under pressure Dempo. Arthur Papas will be hoping he can make a statement here after being recently criticized for the teams lack of winning spirit, poor results, and lack of Goan players. Also his foreign player selection from the summer seems to be under the scrutiny of the fans with Billy Mehmet already being released and perhaps Honda following soon. Simon Colosimo seems fine for now while long-time favorite, Beto, is still a fan-favorite. Sporting Goa meanwhile are coming off a 1-0 victory over I-League contenders Salgaocar so they will be hoping to build on that and climb the table even more.

At the same time on Saturday, across the country in Shillong, Rangdajied United will be hosting East Bengal in what is expected to be an entertaining affair. Manandeep Singh has started his new lease on life at Rangdajied United well, netting two goals in two games so far for the Blues of Shillong and will be hoping to continue that run against the club where he can say his career stalled. 

And to wrap up an entertaining round, we will have the Maha Derby. Pune FC against Mumbai FC. Red vs. Blue. Two rivals whos cities are connected by the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway. One of them could be playing for 1st place while the other could be playing for survival. No one can tell what will happen in derbies and this one is no different. Both teams may seem distant on the table but you will probably not tell that when you see this match. This is expected to be an entertaining fixture and the perfect end to the first half of the very competitive 2013-14 I-League.

Matches:

Friday, 6 December 2013:
- Churchill Brothers vs. Bengaluru FC (3:30 PM - Tilak Maidan Stadium [Apparently according to the I-League website]).
- Shillong Lajong vs. Salgaocar (3:30 PM - Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium).
- Mohun Bagan vs. United (5:30 PM - Salt Lake Stadium).

Saturday, 7 December 2013:
- Sporting Goa vs. Dempo (3:30 PM - Fatorda Stadium [Apparently according to the I-League website]).
- Rangdajied United vs. East Bengal (3:30 PM - Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium).
- Pune vs. Mumbai (6:00 PM - Balewadi Sports Complex).

Bye: Mohammedan.

Comments