2013-14 I-League Round 13: True Professionalism Leads the Race.

Comments

• The writing is on the wall...have a look at the league standing. Top 5 teams - th way they are is b'cos of a the professional approach in terms of selecting the squad/giving empowerment to the coach rather than officials intervening - (Churchill is a classic example and hence they are languishing at the bottom - followed by the National Circus Club of India - Mohunbagan!).

Good to see here, that just like the corporate world, I - League this year clearly has a corelation between performance and management of the team. Sad to see EB's position in this. Hope they dont follow their "better-half" Mohun Bagan!

I-League Table
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    East Bengal could be in 3rd potentially with their record. They will be fine.

Also I feel good about Dempo. I think Papas is starting to find his squad. He has the players he wants (probably since the summer) and he can now play the team he wants. Get two foreigners to replace Honda and Mehmet and I am sure they can make a good run at the top half of the table (title is out of their hands now).

Mumbai will hopefully get relegated.
  • But I guess, it was Papas who had handpicked the current Dempo squad - and he had brough it all these shitty Aussie players. Now he is falling back on his Pailan wards. That way he could have worked for Pailan Arrows itself instead of joining Dempo with such fanfare. Or is he another Karim in the making  - now that he has fair idea of how to make money in Indian Football! 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    edited December 2013
    Papas is good for youth teams not for a big clubs if removed from job from dempo he says he will go to greece. have a offer from oliapicos to be head coach.
  • RonnyRonny 10440 Points
    Papas is an overrated coach but he did a good job with Arrows..results may not have been there but style of play has been very good
  • This is a transitional year for dempo so i think papas is doing just fine, hopefully by next season the team will be much stronger.
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    You know, for what CB achiveved last year, it's weird seeing them near last. Also EB, MB and Dempo so far down in the table, too.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    You know, for what CB achiveved last year, it's weird seeing them near last. Also EB, MB and Dempo so far down in the table, too.
    EB got 3 games in hand...so at least top5 at min even when they are out of form
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    yeah i'm sure at the end of season you will see EB in either 3rd or 4th pos.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    EB games in hand versus Mohd Sporting , Pune FC and Churchill Brothers... now way they will pick up 9 points from those games.

EB won't even finish top of the 4 teams from Kolkata this season....  United SC under Eelco will do that for sure.

Expect Eelco to jump ship to Eb next season along with half the team
    Trevor to replace Karim at Mohun Bagan and Odafa removed...

Karim in talks with Shillong Lajong FC to take over as their Head Coach...