AFC Always Has India Playing in Middle East to Qualify

13»

Comments

• KashyapKashyap 0 Points
    I agree with arsenalkid. <br><br>Read all the posts on this entry and it makes perfect sense to switch to a better group with less travel pressure and crowd hostility. <br><br>The physique of Indians and SE Asian players are similar. Will help us be more competitive rather than just lament about our physique and finally give up without even trying.<br><br><br>
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    But to be honest playing In Middle east is actually also good for us..we get to play much better teams than ASEAN and if we are up to it with the right attitude and preparation then this can only help us..but yes I also agree that conditions/weather wise it does not really suit us..<br>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    i don't want repeat of gulf countries. want new teams to face next time like china, indonesia, jordan, south korea..
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    on another thougths playing in gulf countries brings fans to the stadium..remember asia cup 2011?
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    y are we giving excuses about playing the Middle east countries?....would we have said this if we were winning , NO.. its only cause we lose that now the grass is greener on the other side.. Our football standard is lagging hence these losses.. Early 50 & 60's we held our own even against Europeans , difference between then and now is player Skill & dedication .. <br><br>This should be viewed as a opportunity to toughen up indian football standards...Whats the point of hollow victories against malaysia , vietenam but we still loose to Lebanon, UAE n Qatar?<br>
  • nnippnnipp 0 Points
    The fitness of our team cannot be ignored, I think it is a bigger problem than our lack of technical skills...we consistently have one of the shortest squads in Asia and our players don't make up for it with world class pace...the players do not look like they maintain a proper protein rich diet or have a proper weight training and endurance training regimen...there is a complete lack of discipline with our athletes in many team sports and poor physical education throughout the country, I hope Baan and Papas do a good job stressing diet and workouts even when the players are at home in their personal lives.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    nnipp wrote: »
    The fitness of our team cannot be ignored, I think it is a bigger problem than our lack of technical skills...we consistently have one of the shortest squads in Asia and our players don't make up for it with world class pace...the players do not look like they maintain a proper protein rich diet or have a proper weight training and endurance training regimen...there is a complete lack of discipline with our athletes in many team sports and poor physical education throughout the country, I hope Baan and Papas do a good job stressing diet and workouts even when the players are at home in their personal lives.

<br><br>Our Technical skill & tactical awareness are still far below gulf standards, forget about Japan/Australia/Korea standards.. at least if these 2 points were of reasonable level then we could pull of upsets against Gulf teams.. personally I feel only by 2016-2018 India will be able to tackle the gulf teams gulf head on.<br><br>I still remember the India vs UAE qualifier held in Al Ain , where Subrato PAul  raised his Knee to d side of UAE Player Al Hamadi's  stomach and Al hamadi fell to the ground clutching his balls!!.. Indian teams must learn such tactics to win penalities and free kicks..Gulf teams are famous for this..<br><br>Needless to say Fitness Levels and Diet planning also to be really really worked on .. Have u seen the Japanese and Korean players...they such lean , mean, muscular machines.. like Brue Lee..not a inch of fat on them.<br><br>Hope our Coaching teams indiacted by the AIFF stay for a 4-5 year period, then yes we sure have chances to get through at least the next round of WC qualifiers like what Lebanon has done.<br><br><br>