2012-13 Calcutta Premier League

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2013

Just out of curiosity: Are any of you West Bengal fans happy with the current CFL. I am looking at the results right now and to see that after 8 matches NONE of the non I-League teams could even match the I-League teams who only have 6 games each is a bit disappointing. 

What does that say about the quality of the league when Mohun Bagan can just beat Mohammedan 3-0 like it is nothing with bloody CS Sabeeth. Even East Bengal took the piss out of Mohammedan 6-1.

Obviously there is a huge disparity between the CFL clubs and the I-League clubs. Is that normal?
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Arsenalkid700 first of all losing 3-0 or 6-1 to a almost full strenth EB or MB for a small team like Mohamedan isn't that bad afterall, what more anybody want from them.

with 2nd div I-league coming they were more concerned about that than CFL.

With a long streaching league most small CFL teams find in hard to hold on to their foreign players and their motivation to give a little extra.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 first of all losing 3-0 or 6-1 to a almost full strenth EB or MB for a small team like Mohamedan isn't that bad afterall, what more anybody want from them.
    >
    > with 2nd div I-league coming they were more concerned about that than CFL.
    >
    > With a long streaching league most small CFL teams find in hard to hold on to their foreign players and their motivation to give a little extra.

small team?? @-) ;
  • Ya, that is kinda weird how Mohammedan are now a small club.

As for the reasons why... just proves that the CFL is now a sham with 3 teams going for it.

Arsenalkid700
    Ya, that is kinda weird how Mohammedan are now a small club.

As for the reasons why... just proves that the CFL is now a sham with 3 teams going for it.

Exactly! Only 3 contenders! Atleast 20 contenders for the CFL crown is must. Even Eastern Railways should chalenge for the titel. Just for this reason CFL should be stoped after this season.

• > Joyptan said:
    > > Arsenalkid700
    > > Ya, that is kinda weird how Mohammedan are now a small club.

>
    >
    > Exactly! Only 3 contenders! Atleast 20 contenders for the CFL crown is must. Even Eastern Railways should chalenge for the titel. Just for this reason CFL should be stoped after this season.

Woah, dont get crazy. I would say the revamp is needed. New rules and all that. I know we are all used to a non-parity league like the Premier League but that wont work here. We need other teams to contend and if they cant do that in the state leagues than what does that say?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 first of all losing 3-0 or 6-1 to a almost full strenth EB or MB for a small team like Mohamedan isn't that bad afterall, what more anybody want from them.
    >
    > with 2nd div I-league coming they were more concerned about that than CFL.
    >
    > With a long streaching league most small CFL teams find in hard to hold on to their foreign players and their motivation to give a little extra.

=))

The 3 remaining matches of the Championship Round of Calcutta Football League Premier Division will be played after May 15th.
  • sujoy76sujoy76 0 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    The 3 remaining matches of the Championship Round of Calcutta Football League Premier Division will be played after May 15th.

<br><br>good<br>
    edited May 2013
    THE CALCUTTA PREMIER LEAGUE DERBY BETWEEN EAST BENGAL AND MOHUN BAGAN WILL BE PLAYED ON 23rd MAY at 4:30 pm IST.

Source - Xtratime