Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    This is how bad things are at Indian football 

We accept such teams without any due diligence and then leave the players to suffer

---
    ( You have Permission  to blog this ) 

General Secretary of AIFF,
    Mr. Kushal Das
    All India Football Federation,
    Football House, Sector 19, Phase 1,
    Dwarka, New Delhi: 110075
    India

Dear General Secretary of AIFF,
    Mr. Kushal Das

I am the Head Coach of Pride Sports FC of 2nd I-League, India, and i am requesting the best consideration of the AIFF and your help to try to solve the dramatic situation that we are passing through since the season started:

1. WAGES IN ARREARS
    • Players with contract by match: They only received the payment for the first two matchs
    • Players with contract: Players with monthly contract only received one month, or none, till now having several months in delay.
    • Head Coach: Under contract since 15th August without receiving any payment till now

2. WORK CONDITIONS
    • No proper grounds to practice, most of the times we are training in public grounds  (crowded and without proper surface for football, having already several players with physical problems due to that)
    • Several practice sessions cancelled because no ground available or no money for transport
    • Insuficient training equipement (most of the time we are working only with 4 or 5 ordinary balls)
    • The Head Coach is working completly alone, without a single assistant or other supporting staff. Several times even without medical support (Physio)

3. ACCOMMODATIONS, MEALS AND OTHERS
    • The club didn’t guarantee the basic meals for us: Not proper food for athlets or, several times not even any food.
    • The club didn’t guarantee the basic hygienic conditions in the accommodations or proper accommodations: Besides innapropriate hygien, they are 3 players in one bed room
    • The club is not even giving us the basic transport facilities: Most of the times we travelling 8 or 9 peoples in small cars.

In all our displacements to play away we faced countless problems:
    1. HYDERABAD
    • For the first match, in Hyderabad, we travelled in the night before the game. Players went to match without rest or even sleep properly
    • Then, during the days that we were in Hyderabad not even equipement to train we had. We worked all week with 2 balls

2. BANGLORE
    • To the second match, in Banglore we traveled by train for 36 hours without any food or water, or money to buy it

3. MUMBAI
    • In Mumbai we stayed in a miserable hotel, without the minimal hygienic conditions in accommodations and without food or water since we arrived
    • Several players played the match without any meal in the previous 24 hours.
    • In last day they gave us 320 ruppees to eat all day.
    • One of the players was 3 days seariously sick without any medical care and waiting for a ticket to go home, and, if his teammates do not refuse to go without someone stayed with him and took him to the airport he would be left sick and alone in the Hotel.
    • Once again on the return travel to Jabalpur (18 hours by train) the club did not provided us any food, water or money to buy it.

Already in Jabalpur he continued without any food or money. All team was 3 days without any meal provided for the club.

Even when we are in our base city (Jabalpur) we face similar problems.
    - 3 Players in one small room with a single bed
    - No proper meals for a football team
    - Insuficinet meals, and sometimes not even a single meal
    - Tranports for practices are always innapropriate and sometimes we are forced to cancel it because there are no money to transport
    - We are always working in public grounds without any conditions to the practice of football

This are only some of the most serious situations that we had to face till now, several others could be pointed here.

The situation is unsustainable and very serious and obviously do not comply the basic rules of the Respect of Human Rights, the rules of Club Licensing - 2nd Division I-League - India and the rules of FIFA and that’s why we are requesting the help of AIFF to solve this serious problem.

Signed by the Head Coach and all the Players of the Pride Sports FC

goalkeeparCarbon_14mohammed_87hassankartik91ashindiamunna219777BrainFallINDIA
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    This is just the 1st of many such letters,

OzONE FC of Bangalore will be the next ones from the 2nd Division with unpaid dues being brought to the Federations attention.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Indian Football: In a Perpetual State of Mess by Praful Patel and Kushal Das
    munna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited February 2017
    Sad to hear about Pride sports.
    Why do they even allow these guys in the 2nd division . Except for Neroca ,i don't think any of these clubs can make it in the I-League. Criterias should be tightened and if they can't find many clubs then fine ,shut down the 2nd division, one less roadblock for them .
    goalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    http://xtratime.in/the-tragedy-of-the-licensed-coaches-in-indian-football/

The “Tragedy” of the licensed coaches in Indian Football

37ae17cd-64f5-42f8-b1ba-e647d58ac4a6
      The licenced coaches in India are struggling to get a job- a special report by XrtaTime. Image Source: XtraTime

Kolkata: They all have degrees, but unfortunately they are one of the darkest examples of India’s unemployment problem. Even if they manage to get a job somehow, in maximum cases it is nowhere near to their qualifications. They don’t have much options as well. To complete the ‘A’ License degree, one needs to spend one lakh rupees. And if someone wants to go for a Pro License Degree, the expense goes upto seven and a half lakh rupees.

The worrying factor is not the expense to get those degrees, but to get a job after that. The Indian coaches are therefore undergoing a deplorable patch. The majority of the A Licence and Pro Licence holding coaches are now unemployed, sitting back at their places with a hope that things will change someday. At the moment, India have 15 Pro Licensed coaches and almost 180 A Licensed coaches in the country.

Those who are working these days, are too very few in numbers. Such has been the circumstances if it comes in terms of the top licensed coaches in India. Only five I-League clubs like Mumbai FC, Chennai City FC, Churchill Brothers, Shillong Lajong FC and Aizawl FC have Indian Pro-Licensed coaches. The other clubs except Mohun Bagan are dependent on foreign coaches at the moment. The scenario in the ISL is even worse where all eight coaches are foreigners.

Stanley Rozario, the Pro-Licensed coach is now waiting at his house back in Bengaluru. In an interaction with www.xtratime.in , the former Assistant Coach of the National team was saying, “Well, I have nothing to do without waiting for an opportunity. There are very few I-League clubs these days. The foreign coaches are their priorities”..He added, “If the ISL teams give us the job as assistant coaches, many of us will get will get their jobs.”

Noushad Moosa, one of the top players of the 90’s, who invented the long throw ins in Indian football is now Pro-Licensed coach. Right now, he doesn’t have any club and now in charge of the U13 team of the IMG-R Youth Champs programme. Speaking with www.xtratime.in , he also showed his frustration, “Previously, the Goan clubs were there, so the coaches like us had an option. But now, as the clubs have withdrawn, the options have been narrowed down. I was in charge of the U19 I-League team of Pune FC, but now that option has also been faded away.” He explained, “As a player, I was professional, as a coach I remain the same as well. I don’t have the fate like the former footballers in Kolkata who have other professions as well to earn their bread. That is why I have to bank on getting something in the field of coaching.”

Raman Vijayan, the former Indian International, is an “A Licensed” coach and presently associated to ISL franchise Delhi Dynamos FC. He told xtratime.in , “In our time, getting an A License degree was tough. Now-a-days it has become much easier to get an A License. The foreign coaches, who are coming to our country, are coming with their own coaching team. So the Indian coaches are struggling to get a job.” He also has a remedy to solve the issue, he said, “The licensed coaches shouldn’t be thinking to much about taking up the job. Whatever it may be, they should take the job gleefully.”

Satyabrata Bhowmick, former Mohun Bagan player, completed his A License degree in the year 2012. He will be pursuing his Pro License degree soon. “I couldn’t complete it before as my mom got expired. But I will do it soon.” At the same time he becomes a bit concerned about his future as well. He said, “The AIFF should have some specific plans for the licensed coaches in India. The foreign coaches are coming, doing their job and going back. We are not getting any benefit from this practice. There are 15 Pro-Licensed coaches in India but how many of them are having jobs?”.

Santosh Kashyap, one of the pioneers of Pro-Licensed coaches in India is now in charge of Mumbai FC in the I-League. He said, “The State Football Associations should emphasize on bringing new football clubs from different states. We have a huge country and if we can bring new clubs from different corners, we will have more opportunities for the licensed coaches available in India.”

Pushpargha Chatterjee, the License committee head of The AIFF, said, “Everyone is doing something at least, if not there in the I-league. Those Licensed coaches who are still unemployed, can register their names to our AIFF website and we can focus on their availability to the available clubs.

The Pro License or A License is a precious degree for any coach in the world and deserves a dignified job. As per the parent body of Indian football, they are claiming that the licensed coaches are doing “something”. The question is, did the coaches complete their degrees to do “something”? Or, is it the fiasco of the federation to create opportunities for the licensed coaches who are coming to this noble profession with new dreams in their eyes?

munna219777Carbon_14Deb_Ban
    • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
      The pride sports issue by @gaffertape has become something very serious after we posted on our blog 

Hope AIFF takes action
      munna219777Carbon_14
    • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
      Any update on Federation Cup?? Possible dates, venues, likelihood of it being organised? Winner of Federation Cup will be India nominee for next year AFC Cup???