Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Yup I saw a post in Malayalam on Gokulam Fan page but wasn't able to fathom anything except ISL I-league written in English.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited June 2017
    Yea corporate entry. Kozhikode stadium likely to be the homeground.
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points

ROMEO FERNANDES AND KEENAN ALMEIDA RISK SUSPENSIONS OVER PARTICIPATION IN UNOFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS

The duo were a part of 40 players found to have taken part in unofficial tournaments by the GFA..

Keenan Almeida and Romeo Fernandes, contracted to Indian Super League (ISL) outfit FC Goa, have fallen foul of the Goa Football Association (GFA) after being accused of participating in unregistered football tournaments. 

GFA, on Tuesday, disclosed names of around 40 footballers including Romeo and Keenan who breached their code of conduct by taking part in unofficial tournaments. A show cause notice will be served to these players, including the aforementioned duo who played the last season of the I-League with East Bengal and Churchill Brothers respectively. 

Keenan Almeida FC Goa Mumbai City FC ISL season 3 2016

"It's quite surprising that ISL and I-League players have been involved in such tournaments. Romeo and Keenan are among the 40-odd footballers we will issue the show-cause notice," GFA President Elvis Gomes is quoted as saying by Goa-based newspaper Herald. 

"We have evidence against these players and so we have to take action against them. The rules are uniform for all. We can't bend the rules for some," he adds. 

Other notable players who have been named are Gabriel Fernandes, Adil Khan (who played for Churchill Brothers in the I-League), Victorino Fernandes (last turned out for Mumbai FC) and FC Goa's latest signing Aaren Silva. 

If found guilty, the minimum suspension period for the offence is one year. 

As per the rules, the players are supposed to obtain a No Objection Certificate from their respective clubs before playing for other local clubs. Moreover, they are not supposed to play in open tournaments. 

Carbon_14
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29641 Points
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/football/jeje-lalpekhlua-wins-aiff-player-of-year-award/story-KpPlMeIfqImxZG3gbJVXFM.html

Jeje Lalpekhlua wins AIFF player of year award

Jeje Lalpekhlua, Indian national football team forward, won the AIFF player of the year for 2016. Sasmita Malik was adjudged the 2016 AIFF Women’s player of the year.

Updated: Jun 08, 2017 23:32 IST
    Press Trust of India
    Jeje Lalpekhlua

India and Mohun Bagan striker Jeje Lalpekhlua on Thursday received the All India Football Federation’s inaugural player of the year 2016 award.

Lalpekhlua received the award in the presence of the national team head coach Stephen Constantine and AIFF president Praful Patel, general secretary Kushal Das and senior vice president Subrata Dutta.

Sasmita Malik was adjudged the 2016 AIFF Women’s player of the year.

Sunil Chettri, India’s most prolific goal scorer ever with 53 goals from 93 matches, received a Special Award for surpassing the milestone over the last year.

“This is a defining year for Indian football as we prepare to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in less than 100 days. I am confident that with the guidance and support of the Union Government through the Ministry of Sports, we believe we will be able to host the best FIFA U-17 World Cup ever,” said Patel.

“I congratulate all award winners for their immense contribution in growing the game in the country and wish them many more such recognitions in the future,” he added.

Awards list: - 2016 AIFF Best Grassroots Program of the Year: Punjab; Best Home-match Organiser of Hero I-League 2016-17: DSK Shivajians & Bengaluru FC ; Hero I-League Fairplay Award 2016-17: Churchill Brothers; FC Goa - 2016 AIFF Assistant Referee of the Year: Joseph Tony; 2016 AIFF Referee of the Year: Pranjal Banerjee - Long-time Contribution to Indian Football: Nike - Best Emerging Player of Hero I-League 2016-17: Jerry Lalrinzuala (DSK Shivajians) - Best Goalkeeper of Hero I-League 2016-17: Debjit Majumder (Mohun Bagan) - Jarnail Singh Best Defender of Hero I-League 2016-17: Anas Edathodika (Mohun Bagan) - Best Midfielder of Hero I-League 2016-17: Alfred Kemah Jaryan (Aizawl FC) - Best Striker of Hero I-League 2016-17: Aser Pierric Dipanda Dicka (Shillong Lajong FC) - Highest Scorer of Hero I-League 2016-17: Aser Pierric Dipanda Dicka (Shillong Lajong FC) - Syed Abdul Rahim Award for Best Coach in Hero I-League 2016-17: Khalid Jamil (Aizawl FC) - Hero of I-League 2016-17: Sunil Chhetri (Bengaluru FC). - 2016 Special Award for being the First Indian Club to play in AFC Cup Final: JSW Bengaluru FC - 2016 Special Recognition Award of the Year: Uvena Fernandes - 2016 Special Recognition Award of the Year: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu - 2016 Emerging Woman Player of the Year: Sanju - 2016 AIFF Emerging Player of the Year: Rowllin Borges - 2016 AIFF Woman Player of the Year: Sasmita Malik - 2016 AIFF Player of the Year: Jeje Lalpekhlua.

Carbon_14
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Can India play New Zealand in friendly?

• samsam 16430 Points
    Debjit Majumdar, Udanta Singh, Nishu Kumar, Shubhasish Bose and Lalruatthara have been released from the Camp.
    Carbon_14
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited June 2017
    So pretty much the same old ‘cut squad’.