Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    i Know that. But for I-league that’s not required, if I am right. Then why MB did not get national licence?
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Only AIFF Knows. And you know whats the funny thing is? AIFF is punishing the clubs for not meeting Licencing Criteria, while all the time they never fulfilled one of the most important criteria themselves, to make the League a separate entity. Will they fine themselves for not meeting the criteria?
    munna219777goalkeeparCarbon_14Deb_Bandeepuindian_goonerashindiaRonnyshankar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    but but if aiff makes it separate entity like any other top leagues in the world it will flourish. so its not allowed
    indianFootballFanCarbon_14deepuashindiamunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why doesn't Sen get the next license? I feel like he is always off that requirement.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/07/did-india-withdraw-from-the-1950-world-cup-because-they-were-not-allowed-to-play-barefoot.html

A different take on the myth of  India not participating in 1950 World Cup.

Myth no-1    We were so great that we qualified for 1950 World Cup
    In those days, It was just a 16 country tournament and qualification was by invitation. 1 berth was decided to be given to Asian Countries. Phillipines,Burma,Indonesia were sent invitation before India to participate in 1950 World Cup but they declined. Then India was sent invitation. It is interesting that you will never listen Phillipines Burma Indonesia tom tom or bragging about qualifying in 1950. It was invitation which those countries declined and so did India.

Myth no-2  Lack of Funding
    Again the organisers were paying for ship travel to Brazil. It would have been a very long journey of maybe a month or so. Free but still asian countries declined.

Myth no-3   Shoes
    True for some players but in 1948 Olympics, many Indian players are seen in pics wearing boots. Barring few, majority of Indian Team played with Boots in 1948 Olympics. It would not have been very difficult for remaining players to comply.

What was the actual reason then:-

India was more with Olympic movement. Olympic was everything. World Cup event was not famous at all. It was 1950 World Cup which made the tournament famous. This coupled with long journey must have been the reason why asian countries declined invitation that who will go for months in ship for some tournament which nobody knows about.

After so many decades, we have developed myths that oh we were so great in 1950, boots problem, financial problem for not participating in 1950 World Cup similar to myths about Dhyanchand meeting Hitler in 1936 Olympics which never happened.
    shibierCarbon_14NagendraBrainFallINDIAAshkaul5indian_goonersparta
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6500 Points
    @ munna219777

nice fishing brother... 

munna219777
  • Oh my. I thought dhyanchand meeting hitler was real. Then the commander of army post to him if he plays for Germany.
    Ashkaul5
    edited December 2017
    @indian_gooner They were all fairytale stories made up by media and social media years after death of Dhyanchand. Actually I have discussed that a lot in detail in this Other Sports Thread sometime ago.

I posted two biographies written in 1930s by people who were part of Indian contignent in the Berlin Olympics.

Hitler was not even there in the stadium when Hockey Finals was played between India & Germany.

Only once Hitler entered a Grand Banquet on the day of Closing Ceremony and Indian Team did not even looked or get close to him forget about talking. But some other senior German Nazi figures of Goering, Goebbels have been photographed with Indian team. In those days, getting Autograph was a big thing. In reality, one incident was mentioned where Dhyan Chand and some other Indian players were running after Joseph Goebbels to get his autograph. Little did they know that Mr Goebbels in future will become a very infamous figure.

Indian Media just cooked up fantasy stories after death of Dhyanchand as this is what people will like to hear.Commander and what not. Done expect them to write that they were in awe of Germans and running to get autographs. It was the biggest sporting highlight of their career.

But yes defeating Germany in Germany was a big thing and we salute them for this heroic performance.
    Carbon_14indian_goonershibier
    http://i-league.org/i-league/hero-i-league-set-to-return-to-kerala-with-gokulam-kerala-fc/

AIFF Media Team

CALICUT: After almost 5 years, Hero I-League is all set to return to Kozhikode as Gokulam Kerala FC (GKFC) take on Chennai City FC (CCFC) at the JLN Stadium in Calicut on Monday (December 4, 2017).

?????

Calicut Stadium is not JLN as far as I know. Corporation Stadium or say EMS Stadium.
  • Ems corporation stadium
    munna219777Carbon_14