Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2018

Santosh Trophy gives opportunity to those states/regions which are not necessarily part of ISl I-league setup. Once you close down these tournaments, you will finish whatever little football exists in those states.

Dutta Ray Trophy is for Under-21
    Dr B C roy trophy is for Under-19
    Mir Iqbal husain Trophy is for Under16
    Subroto Cup  U-17 and U-14

Organise these tournaments like in the past.

Its funny that they are not organising these age group tournaments but wish to sabotage senior level tournaments like Durand Cup, Santosh Trophy, IFA shield in the name of age group.
    goalkeeparspartaCarbon_14deepu[Deleted User]SOCCER4klshibierindian_gooner
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    No one has said that the Santosh Trophy should go away, however I don't think anyone would disagree that it would be more important to improve the club scene at state level. Right now we are concerned about the length of the ISL, I-League, and I-League 2nd Division. Well, eventually, we should start to focus on the state leagues. They should at least run for 6-7 months a year as proper leagues.

One thing I have always sort of dreamt about is a future format in where we have state leagues operate from around August/September to around March/April, April/early May could then be used for a national tournament featuring the best 1-2 teams in the state leagues to see which is the best. Rest of May/early June could then be used for a Santosh Trophy in which we get the best from each state league (best goalkeeper for example might be in the 3rd place team) in the usual ST format.

This would also help in potentially finding Indian strikers since most club teams utilize a foreign striker while Santosh Trophy would be all Indians.
    munna219777deepuSOCCER4kl
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Super cup 16 teams (8+8)
    Kochi and Goa venue
    munna219777Ashkaul5Carbon_14BrainFallINDIASOCCER4kl
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    16 team super cup. 6 from isl and 6 from I league remaing teams go trough qualifiers for remaining 4 spots.
    munna219777Ashkaul5Carbon_14SOCCER4klspartaatuljgdeepu
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    edited January 2018
    who decided this ? why Kill the Fed cup !!!
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Hopefully , Super cup schedule doesn't intervene BFC AFC cup group stage schedule. 
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Why not run the cup competition in parallel with the league like in the west? 
    indian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    No teams have that kind of squad depth or player fitness. 
    deepakcsanvedjadhavAshkaul5munna219777Carbon_14
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    it should atleast be home and away! extra ticket revenue for like of Aizawl , Chennai city , big 2 and Neroca