Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Idea is unrealistic. Looks like idea taken from fan without doing any ground work.

20 teams just because nobody wants to be out of top tier ??  What about the attendance, huge travel costs, escalated team budget, Production costs, bench strength etc.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAsparta
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited March 2019
    Yea, but a more compact form of 16+16 teams in two divs would surely work out, may not be very lavish. They could also be a little pragmatic about the earning: Rs 325 cr would be difficult, but Rs 250-275 cr is achievable, what with the teams' performances and the renewed interest in IL, the weaker league.
    munna219777sparta
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    As I league is all set to become 2nd division and will be renamed League one. (Fsdl will not agree with the plan made by I league club). This is my suggestion for AIFF and Reliance they should give 1 promotion spot to winner of I league to join isl evey year, with no relegation in isl for 6 years(10 year contract expires), till 2025 we can have a 16 team league then they should start relegating teams to league one.
    munna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Or Maybe would be 14 will do . 
    But the most important things is to get rid of franchisee fee.It's a huge burden on the clubs.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    I think 20, 16 or 12; Rs 325 Crores, Rs 200 Crores, etc, figures should not be taken as firm, only the idea should matter at this stage. 

FSDL wants to kill one league and promote the other; whereas this proposal, however flawed, tries to achieve some kind of fusion.
    munna219777
  • samsam 16430 Points
    5 more year of that stupid ISL team deal left, not 6
  • https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/sunando-dhar-i-league-club-roadmap/1180hjs4430b21dzeofcqgg1xd

Sunando Dhar - Roadmap proposed by I-League clubs will be looked at seriously

Dhar also expressed hope that the Super Cup will take place as expected...
    After the I-League clubs proposed a new roadmap to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) which involves a top division consisting of both I-League and Indian Super League (ISL) clubs, the CEO of the I-League feels that the proposal will be given due regard.

"At the end of the day, all ISL, I-League and second division clubs are our babies. They have been in existence before AIFF itself," he said.

"I have not seen the plan but what they will think it will be for the betterment of Indian football. So whatever suggestion come from their side it will not be thrown in the dustbin and people will look at it.

"If it is a good plan that can be implemented then why not. They are the main stakeholders in this and any plan coming from them would be taken up very seriously."

He then went on to say that the federation will try to work out a way forward next season but warned that it is complicated.

"It is not about I-League or ISL or it is about finding the right footballing ecosystem. It is not easy but complicated.

Obviously, there will be a first division, a second division and hopefully followed by a third division. There are some contractual obligations which stop relegation and promotion but ultimately football should flourish and we would start that."

"I am not saying which clubs will be in the top tier. That is a work in progress. Sure we would try to get a model which would please the maximum number of people. If there are no contractual obligations, there would be relegation and promotion."

Dhar also shared his thoughts on the ongoing tiff between I-League clubs and the AIFF which has seen the clubs pull out from Super Cup qualification games. Clubs do not want to play the matches until they meet AIFF President Praful Patel and raise their concerns.

"It is unfortunate that the matches are not being played. The federation, the fans want to have matches.

"The I-League clubs have some issues but if you ask them in person they would also say that they want to play Super Cup. This is an exciting finale to a good season. I hope that we find a solution."
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Diplomatic talk rubbish just like a crook politician.
    [Deleted User]Deb_Banmunna219777athi_bheekaran
  • @ashindia
    What about the attendance, huge travel costs, escalated team budget, Production costs, bench strength etc.

i think what they considered was money ISL teams are putting in and output they were getting

so for huge travel costs, escalated team budget... 
    >>>>>> if they are spending 30cr (franchise fee + player salary) , they removed that part and total estimate brought down to 14-15cr(2cr franchise fee + 12+cr salaries ) this will happen due to removal of franchise fee and reduction in foreign players.

attendance
    I dont think this will be affected as such some teams will benefit immensely others are anyway struggling (pune /delhi etc)

now real questions are 
    Production costs
    currently they are having 180 matches in total so 180 to 380 is huge jump( teams might love , star definitely wont lol)

bench strength 
    this is debatable but again if you sign players from U18 teams or second division  its not much 
    currently teams are signing 22-25 players so thats 8 players extra , if we consider average 5-10 lakh salary per head its like less than 80Lakh(From I league clubs point of view 13cr less franchise fees payment gets distributed )

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Fdsl won't even care about the proposal

The roadmap is decided it's simple pay and enter
    Deb_Banspartamunna219777ashindia[Deleted User]souravindiaEastBengalPride