Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    According to my understanding, its  like a semifinal knockout.You get to play against one team according to the draw.If you win,you reach the Finals.If you don't win,you play for 3 rd place against the loser of the other Semifinal.

I think it's planned.Thailand have intentionally called us. They would try and get the revenge for their loss in front of their people,just to calm their egos and just to show that they are better team than us.

I won't be surprised if India gets drawn against Thailand in the  Semifinals itself just to have a confirmed match.

However,I hope that India beats them again just to finish off this debate as to which side is better and also to show that 4-1 was not a fluke and was not a one-off result. I genuinely feel that we can beat Thailand on their home turf.

DEFENCE123rathorevarun4 goalkeeparNagendramunna219777BrainFallINDIAatuljgindian_gooner
  • samsam 16430 Points
    With best available players selected we can beat Thailand again
    DEFENCE123sudheermylankalgoalkeeparmunna219777EastBengalPride
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @sam ;  Only way we can beat Thailand is if we break their players' legs
    sudheermylankaldebarghya89jitug1979goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050atuljgdeepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Good Interview by Derrick Pereira
    Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points

Exclusive: The AIFF ‘breaks the silence’ about the future road map of Indian football

Fresh air for the 7 rebel I-League clubs, as The AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das has made it clear in an exclusive interaction with xtratime.in that the claim of a unified league in Indian football is in the process to get implemented.

In the interaction, Mr Das said, “Well, I don’t know why there is so much confusion. We are planning a lot for ‘one league’. It is not that a merged league is something which can immediately solve all the problems. We are in no hurry.  The main issue is the financial sustainability of the clubs. We are discussing it for a suitable solution.”

Mr Das also made it clear, “The basic roadmap was shared long back. There should be a single league with promotion and relegation. We have to analyze a bit more before taking the ultimate decision.”

Now it is to see how the I-League clubs who are so annoyed with the federation, respond to the situation.

Meanwhile, Mr Das also made a significant statement, as he said, “There is no possibility of announcing any punishment for the I-League clubs who refused to play the Super Cup. Tomorrow, after the league committee meeting, we will send the matter to the Disciplinary Committee. They will decide about any punishment.”

On the flip side, East Bengal official Debabrata Sarkar met Kushal Das yesterday, when asked, The AIFF General Secretary said, “Yes he wanted to meet with me. So we met. He told me that playing the game is their priority. They might have not played the Super Cup, but eager to play The ISL.”

https://xtratime.in/exclusive-the-aiff-breaks-the-silence-about-the-future-road-map-of-indian-football/

[Deleted User]souravindiadeepu
    • samsam 16430 Points
      Durand cup to be in aiff calendar from next year. Month july August
      [Deleted User]munna219777Carbon_14kartik91
    • this upcoming season or 2020?
    • samsam 16430 Points
      Nawaz and Gill will be more successful than Dheraaj
      ashindiagoalkeepardeepu
    • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
      edited April 2019
      There's no way that Nawaz will be better than  Dheeraj in the future . Dheeraj is overrated but height is very important for a GK in world football and for the same reason Nawaz will never make it big .Gill though looks like he could become better than GSS .
      goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050[Deleted User]munna219777