Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Most likely yes. Next year ISL will become the top league
    goalkeepardebarghya89deepu
    @goalkeepar ; And there is no "merger". Either this year or next year I-League will be killed off.
    debarghya89deepu
    @goalkeepar ;  Do you know which league is going to be the top flight next year?
    debarghya89deepugoalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    You yourself said just now that ISL would be the top flight next year, and now asking @goalkeepar the same! What are you, a gossip monger, or what?
    DEFENCE123dev_pfcmunna219777goalkeeparshibier
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    No he is 'AUNTY G KA DALLA'
    goalkeepar
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I see KBFC has posted that 3 of their boys have been called up for India U-19 team camp in Bhubaneshwar..
    Jeakson, Sarup and Lenminium Doungel(all 18 years)
    I believe Dheeraj and others might be 19 now
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    No news on AIFF site on the U-19 camp yet
    Yup, we all know what's going to happen now
    deepu
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    edited April 2019

"Instead of coming together to discuss the matter with the federation and our marketing partners, they (the clubs) have almost tried to rebel against the federation. That won't help. They wanted to meet the president and the president always said he would meet them. In fact, he was busy and was travelling. He sent a communication in this effect. He said he would meet them between April 10 and 15. Now he is upset that the clubs still rebelled against the whole thing and did not play the Super Cup. Not playing football is not a solution. That's absurd.

"By creating negativity, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Indian football has a long way to go and all stakeholders will have to work together to take it forward. Clubs have to be patient," said Das, who was formerly with the International Cricket Council (ICC).

"There has to be a top league, followed by the next tier. There is no truth in some I-League clubs saying that they are being "killed". While all the national team players are playing in ISL, I-League clubs are also developing players, the emergence of Jobby Justin and (Michael) Soosairai are prime examples. They have now moved to ISL. The clubs have the scope to earn revenue by developing these players. In four-five years' time, there could be relegation/promotion once the contractual obligations (in ISL) are over," he said.

"We do not have a system right now where when a team is relegated, they could be protected like the parachute payment, which is there in major European leagues. In India, the clubs have sponsorship, they have certain amount of investment, but if they are relegated, many of the sponsors may move away. We have to reach that stage before we introduce changes," he said.

Whenever I hear this guy pontificating, I am always reminded of Upton Sinclair's comment “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”;)  ;)

munna219777