Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    EB and MB will be playing in 20 match knockout cup without any knockout rounds for the first time in their history
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    "The AIFF statement also highlighted the facts that in the last five years, the national team players are mostly playing in the ISL, the TV viewership and in stadia, the audience has grown more substantially vis a vis the I-League. Also, it was pointed out that the ISL clubs are complying with the entire AFC Club licensing criteria, including strong grassroots and youth development programmes."

This statement made my day!! A more shameful amalgamation of blatant lies and half-truths from the national federation of the country has not been seen in recent times. They mention that national team players are mostly from the ISL but conveniently forget how they, along with FSDL, have colluded with the coach and coaching staff to ensure that mostly ISL players play for the country. They conveniently forget to mention that by reducing TV coverage and by allotting prime time slots to ISL, the AIFF have themselves asphyxiated their own national league. And I would really, really like to know from the Fed which ISL clubs (apart form a few like FCPC perhaps) are investing in strong grassroots and youth development programmes." The AIFF's statements completely validates George Orwell's contention that " Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

Hats off to Goal.com. They have proved that the Fourth Estate in India (barring a few exceptions) has indeed sold its soul to the powers that be. To all intents and purposes, they are now their master's voice
    SamyajitDeb_Bansouravindiamunna219777goalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Such blatant lies ... I am speechless.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    That is statement from AIFF itself not goal.com
    goalkeepar
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Football is like a living dead in India. It's pale, frail and hollow inside. It has a lot of toxic people who are mediocre at their best. No wonder football is languishing in India. RIP AIFF. 
    indianFootballFangoalkeepar
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Cheap move from the AIFF.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    More 4 goal thrashings by low level teams to follow. RIP Indian football. I will get back to just following EB, the NT made of ISL bhadwas can go fuck themselves.
    Deb_BansouravindiaPassigoalkeepar
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    They could never have done this with cricket because of backlash from fans and media. Unfortunately its not cricket so called psudo religion of India. And name itself justifies his actions. I remember during my school days had to read in bengali'namkaran r sarthakata'. Exemplary example infront of us.