Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    @thebeautifulgame
    Too much Constipation and everything remains in Stomach  ;)
    goalkeepardeepureddevil87
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points

Jobby Justin free to play for ATK

The All India Football Federation's (AIFF) player status committee decided that Jobby Justin is free to play for ISL side ATK, while it continues to deliberate on I-League champion Chennai City FC midfielder Nestor Gordillo's alleged pre-contract with FC Pune City.

The All India Football Federation's (AIFF) player status committee decided on Wednesday that Jobby Justin is free to play for Indian Super League (ISL) club ATK and that he was not contractually obligated to play for I-League side East Bengal.

Jobby's case came to light after he had signed a contract with ATK, and East Bengal insisted that he had signed a contract with them as well. However, since East Bengal did not have substantial evidence, the committee ruled in the player's favour.

“The committee is of the view that since East Bengal does not have a contract with Jobby Justin, the player is free to sign with ATK. East Bengal said the player had intended to sign a contract extension, but they do not have a proper contract in their possession, as he has not signed one,” a top placed official told Sportstar on Wednesday.

“Technically, a player can sign a contract with a different club within six months of his current contract expiring. As per that, his contract signed with ATK is fine,” the official added.

Jobby Justin's letter to AIFF, which was sent in June:

“This is in respect of my contract I signed with ATK for next three seasons commencing from the 2019-20 season. My contract with East Bengal ended on May 31 and I have not signed any other agreement relating to my professional career. I have been requesting my previous club East Bengal to issue NOC.

“However, till date I have not received the same and as you are aware the registration window opens on June 9. I seek your intervention and request you to kindly look into the matter and provide justice to me.”

“I had made this clear to Indian Football Association (IFA) during my meeting with them in April along with my agent. However, to my surprise and shock, I have seen a media article where IFA secretary arbitrary without taking into consideration statement by me is making statement to media that I have signed with East Bengal and should play for East Bengal. I say under oath that I have signed with ATK only and want to play for ATK only.”

The committee also discussed I-League champion Chennai City FC midfielder Nestor Gordillo's alleged pre-contract with ISL club FC Pune City.

“Chennai City has submitted all the documents and FC Pune City was asked to clarify their stance, but there has not been a proper submission from Pune City. There was no written submission from them today,” the official said.

“There is no breach of contract as of now. The committee will meet again and we will arrive at a decision soon,” the official added.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/indian-football-ileague-isl-jobby-justin-atk-east-bengal-chennai-city-nestor-gordillo/article28527408.ece

Carbon_14EastBengalPrideharitrams24
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Delhi Dynamos will shift base to Bhubaneswar and also likely change their name.
    munna219777SOCCER4klEastBengalPridekartik91haritrams24indian_gooner
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    So, they gave decision on Jobby Justin case as East Bengal did not give sufficient proof but deferred Nestor Gordillo's case because FC Pune City did not submit required proof? Why different decision for the same fault?
    goalkeeparmunna219777AbhishekEastBengalPride
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Because, well, you know... Auntyji is busy.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Igor Coming to Durand Cup to Scout Players
    ashindiaRonnydebarghya89Carbon_14giridharansouravindiaDEFENCE123jitug1979Abhishekkartik91and 2 others.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Delhi Dynamos will become Kalinga Dynamos ??
    atuljgBrainFallINDIAdreamerDEFENCE123reddevil87indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AakashSundriyal/status/1151876329039470594?s=19 read all his twits he has totally exposed the blood money mafia by Delhi dynamos owners 
    DEFENCE123ashindiaAbhishek
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/minerva-punjab-in-sale-talks-says-owner-ranjit-bajaj/story-aosG4YYlB1dYLDVQCHJ4OL.html

Minerva Punjab in sale talks, says owner Ranjit Bajaj

Minerva Punjab Football Club are in talks to sell part or half of the club, its owner Ranjit Bajaj said late on Thursday.

The fate of this season’s I-League may be unknown but should negotiations be successful, the champions of the 2017-18 edition could fetch between Rs 12-18 crore which is close to the annual fee paid by some franchises in the Indian Super League (ISL).

This newspaper had learnt of an organisation which runs grassroots programmes in football centres in Punjab as being interested in Minerva Punjab FC. Having an I-League club with a proven track record in youth competitions—Minerva Punjab are the reigning under-15 India champions for the fourth season in a row and the youth I-League winners—is an attempt to scale up the organisation’s football project, said an official of the All India Football Federation (AIFF). The official requested anonymity given the sensitive nature of the issue.

Bajaj said he is talking to three parties but doesn’t have a concrete offer. “There is not even a part-sale offer in the pipeline yet,” he said. The Minerva Punjab FC owner also said he would look at buyers serious about youth development.

“I am not a corporate house so it is very tough so I am trying to look at possibilities where I can raise some money. We are looking for mergers or partners. There have been some offers but we need people who are very serious about taking football forward and not just interested in the business part of it,” said Bajaj.

Asked whether he would sell the club and move away from football for now because such deals often have a non-compete clause, Bajaj said: “The maximum it can mean is a merger or a 50:50 partnership. It is not going to be like I am giving away the total thing. There is no chance of Ranjit Bajaj selling Minerva Punjab Football Club and being off football unless they (the national federation) ban me.”

Bajaj and representatives of five clubs—Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, Aizawl FC, Gokulam Kerala FC and Churchill Brothers—have been fighting to ensure top-tier status for the I-League. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has recommended to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), the continent’s highest body in the sport, that the Indian Super League (ISL) be given that honour.

“I am not giving up the fight,” said Bajaj. After informing the AFC and Fifa, the clubs would wait for some time for a reply and could move court.

giridharanSamyajit

Baby League - A Rare Good Venture By All India Football Federation

During the ongoing Intercontinental Cup in Ahmedabad, the All India Football Federation launched the Golden Baby Leagues Handbook 2019-20. It is a guide to help stakeholders manage the grassroots competition

Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the All India Football Federation Golden Baby Leagues Handbook 2019-20 on the sidelines of the Intercontinental Cup in Ahmedabad. This comes as a breath of fresh air amidst the chaos and uncertainty currently being played out in Indian football.

With the country's footballing system still without a vision and roadmap, the plan to help stakeholders run the Baby League is a good thing. But how this league attracts and grooms kids remains to be seen. It is still a guidebook, at this stage. AIFF is targeting the 6-12 age-group.

The involvement of the sports ministry is a good sign. While the AIFF's commercial partners Football Sports Development Limited is only keen to promote its Indian Super League and usurp the traditional I-League from its rightful position, grants to develop soccer from the base is the need of the hour. 

A former FIFA development officer and currently the president of Football Delhi, Shaji Prabhakaran observed that grassroots sports receive the least funding in India.

"Grassroots Sports in India receives the least funding and thus majority of the talented children hardly gets an opportunity to get nurtured to sparkle at the top. Govt have to think how it can incentivise corporate or individuals to attract funding for grassroots sports," Prabhakaran tweeted.

During the launch of the handbook, Rijiju said, "Baby League sounds very cute to me. The actual scouting has to start from a very young age. I have been explained how it's planned by the AIFF. I'm really interested to see the result of that. We'll look to put more emphasis on the Golden Baby League tournament."

Just the right words. Only strict accountability has to be monitored. The sports ministry recently announced an additional grant for development of soccer in the country. This will be over and above the 30 crores annual aid, it pays to the AIFF. Reliance, the federation's commercial partner, pays Rs 50 crore annually.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/sports-news-baby-league-a-rare-good-venture-by-all-india-football-federation/334505

arunskumarimanirban