Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29631 Points

Gouramangi Singh takes up coaching role at FC Bengaluru United

After a successful 14-year career as a professional footballer, Gouramangi Singh has ventured into new territory. He has signed up as the first team coach for FC Bengaluru United, which is currently competing in the BDFA Super Division league here. The club is also preparing to do battle in the Hero Second Division League next year.

Gouramangi, whose last stint as a player came with NEROCA in the 2017-18 season, stated, “(Former India coach) Bob Houghton used to tell us to play every game like it was our last, because we would miss it after we stop playing. He was right. I miss playing a lot, and I feel I have a couple of years of football left in me. NEROCA wanted me back, but I cannot have my feet in two places at the same time. It was either coaching or playing, and I chose coaching."

News of his arrival here reached his old friend Sunil Chhetri, which prompted a call from the India and Bengaluru FC star. “Chhetri called and asked me what I was doing in his city (laughs). He invited me to
    join his birthday celebrations. That was an enjoyable night,” Gouramangi, who has earned 71 international caps, said.

The 33-year-old was all praise for Chhetri, who is two years older than him yet still going strong on the football pitch. “The way Chhetri has looked after himself - he is the best example for all youngsters. I reminded him that he is the only one from our generation who is still going strong, and that he should keep playing for as long as possible,” he said.

Gouramangi credits AIFF technical director and former Indian national team coach Savio Madeira for kindling his interest in coaching. Earlier this year, Gouramangi met FC Bengaluru United head coach Richard Hood during the AFC A-Licence coaching course. “Hood is an accomplished coach, and this club has a fantastic set up. Someone recently asked me why I joined this club when I could have taken an assistant coach role for an ISL side instead. It’s not about what level you are at. It’s about learning as much as you can," Gourmangi said.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/gouramangi-singh-takes-up-coaching-role-at-fc-bengaluru-united/article30008761.ece
    gaffertapeRonnyashindiaAbhishekgiridharan
  • samsam 16428 Points
    AFC Best Grassroots Leader 2019: award winners list 

Winner: Eiichiro Matsuki (Japan)
    Runner-up: Lim Chock Sing (Singapore)
    Special Merit: Lu Kuei-hua (Chinese Taipei), Hj Omar Hj Jamil (Brunei Darussalam), Alex Chang (Hong Kong) and Intikhab Alam (India)

Best Grassroots Club 2019:

Winner: Paro FC (Bhutan)
    Runner-up: Foshan Westin FC (China PR)
    Special Merit: Soccer Ace FC (Malaysia), FC Ton (Japan) and Kuwait SC (Kuwait)

Best Grassroots Project 2019:

Winner: ISF Football Programme (Cambodia)
    Runner-up: Street Soccer Hong Kong
    Special Merit: Free Football Clinic for Youth Level (Thailand), Persian League (IR Iran), DUO League (Japan), Grassroots Development Programme by NOFA (Philippines), Blue Sky Football Academy (Vietnam)

Youth Coach of The Year (Woman):

Winner: Hong Kong, Chan Shuk Chi (Head Coach, HKFA U12 Girls' Rep Team/Citizen Women's & Youth Team)
    Runner-up: Vietnam, Phung Thi Minh Nguyet (Head Coach U19 Hanoi FC)
    Deb_Ban
  • I think in order to have back up players what we need to do is create India B and C team(if needed)...

This could have been implemented this year from August to September Stimac could choose players from I league and have camp with them and further play practice matches with ISL teams

this way ISL teams would have players available for themselves and we could test alternate players

Although cost wise I am not sure if it's feasible
    https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/india-vs-oman-igor-stimac-fifa-world-cup-qualifers-roundup-6125792/

Despite the gloom, India’s World Cup qualifying run has a silver lining

From a bird’s eye view, the tale of India’s World Cup qualifying campaign has been rather consistent — concede a goal, create chances, fail to convert, equalise with a last-ditch attempt, then rue the effort and move on to the next match. Unfortunately, that didn’t exactly turn out to be true on Tuesday.

India were virtually knocked out of a World Cup berth after losing 1-0 to Oman at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex in Muscat. Even after fielding a comparatively attacking side, the Blue Tigers lost to a contentious Mohsin Al Ghassani goal right after the half-hour mark. It was Igor Stimac’s fifth loss in 10 games as India manager.

With just one win in ten matches, there does exist a general feeling of doom and gloom about the national team. Barring a win against Thailand back in June, India have failed to win a single match, losing five matches, and drawing four. Considering the 52-year-old Croatian tactician came in with phrases like, “attractive football”, “playing out of defence”, “creating chances”, the results have been rather dispiriting.

Now, after failing to get the maximum points from a near-impossible away trip, all eyes will be on the management. According to greyareaanalytics.com, Stimac is also overshadowed by his predecessor, Stephen Constantine, in terms of pure numbers.

Given the results, the question arises—is it time to worry about the team? Considering that football isn’t ever played on paper, the answer is no.

Firstly, to slay the doubtful comparisons between Constantine and Stimac, it has to be said that the former’s numbers are mostly papered over by a 5-0 demolition of a lowly Chinese Taipei back in June, 2018.

Meanwhile, Stimac’s 106-ranked India has had to deal with higher-ranked teams like Qatar (57), Curacao (76), Syria (83), and Oman (84). Moreover, Constantine was at the helm from 2015, while Stimac has only been in the job for six months.

Although India managed just two shots at Oman’s Ali Al-Habsi’s goal on Tuesday, the basics of the approach remained the same. Play out from the back, get it to the midfielders and work the channels to create opportunities. What was lacking was either the final pass, or a lethal shot on goal.

However, India should be cut some slack, as they were without their vocal defender, Sandesh Jhingan, and midfielders Amarjit Singh Kiyam and Rowllin Borges. Added to that agony, all of their key players at the back — Adil Khan, Rahul Bheke and Pronay Halder — had to be substituted because of injuries. Stimac could do very little from the touchline.

Despite the mediocrity of players’ performances against Afghanistan, the goalkeeping error against Bangladesh and the general lack of goals being scored from open play, there’s still some reason for cheer. After the disastrous Intercontinental Cup, India have just conceded five goals in five matches in their World Cup qualifiers, and still have a healthy chance to qualify for the next round of 2023 Asian Cup qualifiers by finishing third in their group.

Compared to Constantine’s eight-match World Cup qualifying campaign which saw India at the bottom of the group, with seven defeats and just three points, the current youth-infused squad are doing wonders. Not only have they equalled the previous tally of points in just five matches, but they have also held the Asian champions, Qatar, on their turf.

Under Stimac, India has been expressive on their own terms, helped by the inclusion of players like Sahal Abdul Samad, Brandon Fernandes, Rahul Bheke, and Amarjit Singh Kiyam. With the slight pressing regime and attempting to maintain their shape even in the dying stages of games, Stimac has shown that his team will keep trying, instead of just switching to route-one football.

Keeping the average number of shots and corners close to the conceded, and maintaining an average possession percentage over 50 should be given its due credit too. In the end, it still is a work in progress, which  continues its search for a goalscorer other than the talismanic Sunil Chhetri.

Stimac knows that 70 per cent of the 10 goals India has scored under him have come from set-pieces, and will hope for a change in fortune in the team’s open-play chance conversion. With the extended Indian Super League this year, players should gain consistency over the course of the season too.

Aiming to match his predecessor’s success of qualifying for the Asian Cup, the Croatian now has ample time to prepare before the next qualifier, with both the domestic leagues expected to be in full swing from December. Truth be told, the Blue Pilgrims will be in dreamland if India manage to beat the minnows and hold Qatar on home soil on March 26 to end their campaign on a high, and securing their future for the 2023 Asian Cup.

NaujawanRonnyPassi

RESULTS OF AFC A LICENSE COURSE DECLARED

The results for the AFC A Certificate Course of which the Module 1 was conducted from 24th April till 2nd May, 2019, Module 2 from 16th till 24th July, 2019 and Module 3 was conducted from 25th till 30th September, 2019 at Maharashtra, have been declared.

Twelve participants out of the twenty three have Passed the course: 

1. Yogesh Maurya
    2. Suhel Nair
    3. Gopal Kag
    4. Dipankur Sharma
    5. Ramesh Gangaram Bista
    6. Firmin D'Souza
    7. Venkatesh Shanmugam
    8. Nethanial D C
    9. Shameel Chembakath
    10. Shafeeq Madathil
    11. Akhil Kothari
    12. Gouramangi Singh 

The following coaches have been declared Fame in the above-mentioned course: 

1. Rakesh Sampat Wahelkar
    2. Gurpratap Singh 

The coaches mentioned below have been declared Pro Pass in the above-mentioned course: 

1. Melvyn Rodrigues
    2. Dinesh Rawat
    3. Irudaya Singh 

https://the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=10042

• samsam 16428 Points
    Mc dowels no 1 started sponsoring Orissa fc
    munna219777
  • I was watching the sub junior match between Kerala and Meghalaya..playing such wonderful passing game by Meghalaya & Kerala, good pressing game..wonder where do these kids gets lost in transition? Are any scouts present for these matches or are they only for Subroto Cup ?
    RonnyPassi
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Lot of factors determine if they can continue to do the same at a higher lever. Rangdajied played beautiful passing game that one season but the same players struggled next year. 

At a higher level, your fitness, diet, over all progress, tactical awareness etc play a big part. We fail our kids there.
    Passikartik91