Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    UDAN is having lot of connectivity.

Jamesshedpur to Aizwal one stop at Kolkatta. 

I Agree, AIFF or FDSL are big time fuckups. They can't even arrange one proper cup tournament.

It will stabilize after couple seasons if we have 20 team league. Anyway I dont want to discuss ,cause in reality IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR NEXT TEN YEARS
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Does Jamshedpur have an active airport? I thought teams were travelling on road from Kolkata.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30178 Points
    Sonari Airport is there. Not sure whether it is active or not
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30178 Points

I-League: Real Kashmir Football Club and co-founder Shamim Meraj parts ways, end four-year association

Real Kashmir Football Club's founding member Shamim Meraj has parted ways with the trailblazing outfit, ending the four-year association due to "personal" reasons.

Meraj, whose family owns the Kashmir Monitor newspaper, co-founded the club with Sandeep Chattoo in 2016.

"It's a personal decision. Four years is a long time. I have not spoken to anyone about differences with the club," Meraj told PTI from Srinagar.

Some reports have suggested that Meraj's decision was caused by differences over the team's playing style.

Asked if the team's playing style under Scottish David Robertson was the reason behind his decision, Meraj simply said, "We are in the middle of a pandemic and I can't say anything on that now."

With Meraj's departure, Chattoo has become the sole owner of the club that took Indian football by storm in only its second season in top-flight by finishing third in the I-League after very impressive performances.

When contacted, Chattoo said it was "amicable" and strongly refuted speculation that there was any discord between the two.

"It was 100 percent amicable. He decided to leave because of personal commitments and thought that he won't able to devote enough time to the club," Chattoo said.

"I strongly refute reports that there have been differences over the team's playing style. These are just rumours and nothing else."

"We are, in fact, looking forward to the upcoming season and don't want a controversy at this point."

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/i-league-real-kashmir-football-club-and-co-founder-shamim-meraj-parts-ways-end-four-year-association-8619381.html

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited July 2020
    There are no commercial flights to Jamshedpur Airport. Some small planes like 8 seater charter for Politician / Tata Steel or Hospital - Ambulance can land but no passenger airplane. Insufficient length of Runway is the issue there. Many Airports were built in 1940s (World War RAF era). Over the years, urbanisation has made those air strips redundant as they have less then minimum length of runway for modern era airplanes to land / takeoff. Acquiring more land and expanding them is difficult.

Same issue will come into play at Rourkela. Rourkela is supposed to host Hockey World Cup. They have a non functional airstrip same like Jamshedpur. Lets see how they will tackle it.

Aizawl has a regular airport with Air India, Indigo, GoAir flying there from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Imphal. No issues there.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points

Mr. Subrata Dutta, Senior Vice President, All India Football Federation and Chairman, League Committee chaired AIFF League Committee Meeting held via video conferencing today (July 21, 2020).

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    For once AIFF have got a valid excuse/justification for their non-compliance/failure, thanks to Covid-19. 
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • samsam 16526 Points