Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29661 Points
    Great news. Anwar Ali should go abroad to avoid the ban 
    giridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30124 Points
    My feeling is that Indian players are very comfortable. Life is very good for them in the ISL and it is difficult for them to try and go abroad. You will grow when you play abroad. I am not speaking about the top level, Premier League or La Liga. But if you go abroad and play against opponents who are better than you, you will improve,” he said candidly.

While he was glad to get a chance to coach a national team, Marquez also agreed that getting Indian coaches was the key to long-term success. “One target for the national team going forward should be to have an Indian coach. I can speak very good about India but an Indian coach will know better how the country works and people in every part of India,” he insisted.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/indian-football/manolo-marquez-first-media-interaction-indian-football-head-coach-aiff-future-plans-focus-news-updates/article68512802.ece

“My feeling is we are losing the spirit to play for the nation. You have to be angry, disappointed when you lose. We have to move in same direction n play as a team. Sometimes a player thinks if he has a knock, it’s better (not to play for national team)." -- Manolo Marquez

https://x.com/MarcusMergulhao?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Manolo made some good points in his first official interaction with the media
    BrainFallINDIAindian_goonergiridharan
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6741 Points
    Heavy fines incoming for EB and DFC along with sporting ban for Anwar Ali as per twitter grapevine 
    Heard that M.B terminated his contract. But, haven't provided NOC.  Seems like termination letter can be termed as temporary NOC. M.B want consequences since Anwar Ali, Delhi & E.B broke the deal.

After I heard that, M.B paid 2 crore loan fee + 1.8 cr salary for first year & starting from 2nd year (2.5 cr) to Anwar Ali's salary, I think it's fair for M.B to file a case since he is earning decent salary & it's a 11.3 cr deal for 4 years.

Also, there were few articles mentioning that E.B offered him 3.5 cr/season & a multi-year deal which is insane amount for Indian standards. Also if rumors are true, M.B is paying more than 3 cr/season for Aquia.  E.B & M.B are totally inflating player salaries.
    BrainFallINDIAgoalkeeparRonnydeepak dedhagiridharan
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7327 Points
    I think you told the opposite when this issue was brought up earlier.  
    How can a player terminate the contract on his own after signing for 4 years . And that was not a cheap contract . This is entirely money based move and I think MB should give stern response . Mr Bajaj, his advisor/agent should also face consequences. 
    Also , 500K USD for Anwar Ali is a joke . 
    ashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6741 Points
    I think you told the opposite when this issue was brought up earlier.  
    How can a player terminate the contract on his own after signing for 4 years . And that was not a cheap contract . This is entirely money based move and I think MB should give stern response . Mr Bajaj, his advisor/agent should also face consequences. 
    Also , 500K USD for Anwar Ali is a joke . 
    Yah. True. But at that time, I relied on articles/rumors and don't have first-hand information about his deal. But , I have asked someone to check with Marcus/Ranjit and Hassan later confirmed that he got the 11 cr deal details from Negi + I read in few other reliable websites. 
    Hyderabad FC are in process to shut down. Legal paper works are going on. They will declare defunct to avoid due payments. It will take 2 more months to fully complete all due diligence before shutting down. If Transfer Ban is removed then Hyderabad FC will participate, which is unlikely to happen. In that case I-LEAGUE Play Off between Gokulam or Sreenidhi in order to get a replacement or 2nd position from the I-League will get automatic promotion into ISL.
    samthebeautifulgamesouravindiaNagendragiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30124 Points

Winning bet: India Inc players also ace the sports game

Corporate-owned professional sports teams in India saw an up to threefold surge in earnings in 2023-24, with cricket dominating the table, according to the latest filings of their owners such as Reliance Industries, United Spirits, Tata Steel and RPSG Ventures.

These companies, which run the sports teams as business ventures through subsidiaries, benefited from a larger central revenue pool of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), showed the filings. The revenue pool mainly comprises money earned by the BCCI from selling the broadcasting rights and a portion of it is shared among the Indian Premier League (IPL) teams.

For instance, the total income of Reliance Industries' wholly owned subsidiary Indiawin Sports, which owns the Mumbai Indians cricket team, more than doubled to ₹737 crore in 2023-24 from ₹359 crore in the previous fiscal. The company's net profit was ₹110 crore, compared to a net loss of ₹49 crore in 2022-23. The central rights accounted for three-fourths of the revenue in 2023-24, while nearly 22% came from ticketing sales, said the annual report of Reliance Industries.

Similarly, United Spirits Ltd disclosed in its latest annual report that revenue from its IPL team, Royal Challengers Bangalore, increased 163% year-on-year to ₹650 crore in 2023-24. The venture became profitable during the year, raking in a net profit of ₹222 crore, compared to a net loss of ₹15 crore in the previous year, again driven by an increase in the central rights income.

A Mixed Bag
    United Spirits, maker of Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky, is the Indian unit of the world's largest distiller Diageo.

Sanjiv Goenka-controlled RPSG Sports Pvt Ltd, which operates the Lucknow Super Giants team in the IPL, received ₹573 crore as its share from the revenue pool in 2023-24, leading to a 143% year-on-year rise in its total income to ₹695 crore. The company reported a net profit of ₹59 crore for the fiscal, compared to a net loss of ₹2 43 crore in 2022-23. Another ₹77 crore in revenue came from advertisements and brand promotion and ₹22 crore from ticket sales.

RPSG Sports is a wholly owned subsidiary of RPSG Ventures.

It is a mixed bag where a few teams are very aggressive in getting brand partnerships for revenue instead of a central pool, while others are struggling with profit and revenue growth for over a decade now," said Ajimon Francis, managing director at Brand Finance India, a brand valuation consultancy.

"So it's clearly a longer gestation period, but sports properties are being leveraged the world over by parent brands to engage with clients in a more casual setting like we have seen Accenture doing it with golf or TCS does in marathon," he added.

Football continued to lag cricket in earnings for professional teams. RPSG Ventures' another subsidiary, ATK Mohun Bagan Pvt Ltd, which operates the Mohun Bagan Super Giants soccer team, reported revenue of ₹94 crore for FY24, a modest increase from ₹90 crore in the previous fiscal, even as net loss increased to ₹14 crore from ₹5 lakh during this period.

Tata Steel's wholly owned subsidiary Jamshedpur Football and Sporting Pvt Ltd, which owns the Jamshedpur FC football team, saw a 25% on-year rise in turnover to ₹59 crore, and a net profit of ₹2 crore as against a net loss of ₹29 crore in FY23.

Corporate interest remains high in football nonetheless, with Emami Group operating the East Bengal football club.

giridharanindian_gooner
    edited August 15
    A New company has purchased Hyderabad Franchisee from FSDL, they will clear all the dues and so the fifa bans are lifted 
    giridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3962 Points
    TVS has purchased Hyderabad Franchisee from FSDL, they will clear all the dues and so the fifa bans are lifted 
    source?
    New owners for Hyderabad FC, most probably will rename, rebrand and shift to a new location
    giridharan