Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @7negi The camp from Jan 27th to Feb 5th in Bangalore will start with a selection trials where U22 player's who haven't been playing regularly will be given a look at.
    All clubs have submitted their list of U22 player's to AIFF and this is how the list of 80-100 has been shortlisted. The existing Pailan boys without Clubs will also join them.
    After this group is reduced to aeound 30..they will be joined by the U22 players that are known / or playing regularly in the I-league , like Ram Malik , Alwyn George etc.
    @shakkeerKM stop trying to sensationalise an old issue , rather try to get some facts on more recent and on going issues.

The Dempo-Air India result is known to be fixed..all the more obvious from the fact that the 14 goal difference led to them catching up a 13 goal difference bwtween leaders Salgaocar.

Last year 2nd Division had numerous incidents. Rangdajied bribed teams to give them points as those teams were already eliminated.
    Mohd Sporting & Bhowanipore colluded to elimjnate favourites Royal Wahingdoh.

Viva Kerela defenders Charles Dzisah & Isaac Boalye were known to take payouts to give away penalties or get red carded.

The issue that FIFA is looking at is betting syndicates influencing Indian games. As I league matches are on numerous betting sites. ..tgere has been suspicious betting trends....large amounts placed on certain matches. Fortunately as I league matches aren't offering many spread bet options like Premier League or other major leagues. .. the ease to fix segments are not as easy.
    Eg fixing: How many yellow cards is a lot easier than fixing the result.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited January 2014
    Just out of curiosity, how much are these guys in the 2nd Division payed? Could their pay be the reason for accepting such payouts to get redcarded or lose a match on purpose?
    They are paid peanuts...50K to 1 Lak per month for a 3 to 4 month contract in 2nd Division, but if teams fail to progress to round 2 then as they haven't "worked " for more than 2 months... they can kiss goodbye to the last 1-2 paychecks
  • 50000 to 1 Lakh per month, not bad and sure not peanuts.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So ya, why not, I was going to refrain from this but I might as well: This is why we should not bother with the 2nd Division in the first place. I don't mind the idea of a 2nd Division but the fact is that Indian football is not ready nor stable enough to have one yet.

Just looking at a direct-entry club like Bengaluru FC where the owners are big-time and have loads of money and have invested it and then seeing clubs in the 2nd Division like Aizawl and Bhawanipore... there is just so much disparity between these clubs its not funny.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    @gaffertape
    which teams pay regularly and honor contracts and which dont
    Salgaocar & Dempo are Excellent in terms of paying on time, salary arrives as punctually as a German train.
    However R.A.J Gomes at Salgaocar has been known to put clauses in players contracts which enables Salgaocar to release a player mid season with them having to pay thrm off 3 months compensation instead of the remainder of contract , irrespective of duration of contract ( a breach of FIFA contract rules )
    Dempo we all know of thr dual contracts Armando used to make.
    Pune FC and Bangalore FC pay on time but due to the natire of their companies , pay checks can come anytime in the 1st few weeks of month. Both are known to honor contracts but both also pay less compared to Kolkata & Goan giants.
    As for the ones that don't I'll tell you in an hour or so....long saga with each