Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• shibiershibier 2996 Points
    edited June 2014
    FC Kerala going to be a reality, Below are the action plan.

-----------

Formed as a public limited company with 40 Cr capital investment.Among this 15cr will be initially invest in buying land . Suitable land has been already identified in Thrissur ( 40 Acres). For the continuation of club operation 18 cr will be invest in Bank , Thus they will ensure minimum  1.5 crore as interest per annum . This will also ensure security for the share holders.  5 Cr has been planned for the preparation of play area and building. and the rest 2 Cr will be utilize to form the initial team .

Apart from playing area and other related infrastructure club has also plan to develop other entertaining amenities like  club house , artificial lake with boating facilities etc and there is also future plan to build residential area in the 6 acres of land  .  People who can invest 25 lakhs will get an entry to the director board , life time membership fee is 1 lakh and they can enjoy all the amenities free . Public can buy share starting from 2000 Rs. 

Target is to get form an I league team  with in three years time from now, Main promoters of the club are Sundar C. Menon , Victor Manjila ( Former Kerala Goal keeper and football coach , Narayana Menon ( Football Coach ) , KP Sunny ( Indian shooting coach ) , Paulson Chirayath .

footydip
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Former national captain Essa Khan believes that Pakistan and India should play bilateral series every year in order to benefit from each other in the international arena.

Essa, part of the Pakistan team that played against India in 2005, said that having another friendly series this August was a positive sign for football in the region.

According to the former captain, the series could be used as a tool to not only pull the crowd but also to attract more sponsors to the game.

“It’s beneficial in every way,” Essa told The Express Tribune. “I still remember in 2005, we were playing against India in Quetta and we had a crowd of 100,000. People were lined up outside the stadium as well. So there is a market for these matches.

“We should play India every year because it will generate public interest in both countries. The emotion and spirit on both sides will prove this series a success.”
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Sponser for indo-pak series? Who gonna step up? In saff cup 11 stadium were empty...
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @7negi ; I remember that series but crowd was not 1 lakh as Essa is claiming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayub_National_Stadium

India lost that game. I remember following live commentary thru indianfootball.com.
    Essa was offered a good amount of money by East Bengal and he wanted to come to Calcutta too. But somehow deal didnt go thru.
    he said this to leading pak news paper 
    he may be want to say about total crowd in 3 matches
    Poke me: Who killed Indian football? Nice Article but have some errors .. but nice overall view 

Read more at:
    munna219777
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    The above mentioned article is very interesting. I-league is the main factor here. If we can improve I-league to EPL or La Liga standards only then people will take interest in Indian football. But for that to happen huge investments needs to be done on an I-league club.

Forbes' list of the most valuable football clubs

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2014
    This Journalist-I dont know what his agenda was. He did name Tendulkar once otherwise this article would not have been published. He forgot to name I-League!!!!! According to him, national championship is Santosh Trophy and he also says that Federation Cup is played in empty stands. well last few editions of Federation Cup have seen good crowd. Last year Mallapuram had good crowd-previously Siliguri Cuttack, Guwahati had decent crowd. Why he didnt even mention I-league but very cunningly named Tendulkar and ISL!!!!! Marketing Propaganda article???

Paid media  publish article that Football do not exist in India so whatever Tendulakr doing is the first time India has ever seen Football.
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    totally agree with @munna219777 it a isl marketing article. the author have little or no knowledge about Indian football
    munna219777mohammed_87hassan