2012-13 I League Round 19

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

45+1' - Arata's attempt goes agonisingly wide

45+1' - PFC Sub: Moga in; Jeje out

Half Time: Pune FC 0-2 Salgaocar FC

• So at half-time now and the only way to describe Pune FC is with 2 words... Anti-Barcelona. I do not mean the "passing style" that people mistaken Barcelona's style with but the one-touch effect and quickness and death touches. None of that was seen successfully from Pune FC but it was attempted... a lot and with many failures.

Pune FC's two front men, Subhash Singh and Jeje Lalpekhlua, fail to cause much havoc but I do not blame them entirely. I blame the midfield of Pune FC and the defense. No service. Whenever Pune FC won the ball in defense they did it amazingly. Stop Salgaocar, get the ball back cleanly and get into space, successful, but then they mess it all up. The defenders will either punch the ball up field or they will look for a close pass but be to slow to execute and lose the ball again or panic and punch the ball up field again. There is no composure of brains. Then when the midfield gets it they fail to move the ball around. Douhou Pierre is actually playing amazing but his teammates fail to help. Arata Izumi has been invisible and not looking like a national team player at all. Karma Tsewang looks horrible today despite getting into good positions and Mumtaz Akhtar is showing why he was with United Sikkim last season in the 2nd Division and why he was never an I-League player... invisible.

Really if this continues then I hope that Pune FC actually dip into the money basket over the summer and spend on two quality foreigners and some Air India and ONGC players because this current squad does not look championship material. More relegation to be honest.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited February 2013

@Arsenalkid700 . How has Salgaocar played??? I think if Luciano is injured, then they should release him quickly and take some good defender.

I think the match will be shown at 10.30 pm today.

52' - Yellow Card - Gurjinder Kumar (PFC)

54' - Moga's cross is just high for Arata at the far post on the right

55' - PFC Sub: Paite in; Subash out

56' - Karanjit down once again...