2012-13 I-LEAGUE: ROUND 21

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points

But honestly guys, we are unfortunately nowhere close to our compatriots.I mean no INDIAN FOOTBALL PLAYER seems to he have the confidence or skill to beat an opponent.

• BadBad 5141 Points

I mean PA arrows were very disappointing.They dont seem to have the basics right.I have not seen a goal scored by Indian team when a player has crossed back(minus) and the striker has to tap in because inorder to minus you will be have to beat the RB OR LB and i have not seen anyone having the skills to go past a player In the Indian team.

The nearest i came to seeing such a goal was When ALWYN did a stepover to beat his opponent but lost control but luckily Clifford hammered it in the friendly  against PALESTINE.

Now in the same match Palestine's 4th goal was excellent where the player beat Raju once then Gourmangi 2 times and hammered.I havent seen a goal where Indian team has scored a goal via skill from a forward or a winger.They just dnt have the skill and confidence to even try it.

• RonnyRonny 10441 Points

Pailan were simple awesome in second half yesterday..MB was unable to match their pace and skills

• > Ronny said:
    > Pailan were simple awesome in second half yesterday..MB was unable to match their pace and skills

Either that or they figured that they did not have to play anymore and only defend.
  • Meanwhile, I do not get the criticism at Junior, probably just jealousy. I just watched that game and for a 19-year old on his debut game against one of the more solid clubs in defense he did a very good job. He was involved a lot in the Shillong Lajong attack and he showed his poacher aspects as well many times. He is also good at positioning himself (see the 1st goal). Other Indian players would have just ran towards the goal but Junior stayed back for the ball to come to him and then, with the defender rushing at him and the goalkeeper coming straight at him, he calmly just passes the ball into the net. 

Give him time and he shall come out as a very good player. Good debut.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

> Bad said:
    > I mean PA arrows were very disappointing.They dont seem to have the basics right.I have not seen a goal scored by Indian team when a player has crossed back(minus) and the striker has to tap in because inorder to minus you will be have to beat the RB OR LB and i have not seen anyone having the skills to go past a player In the Indian team.

The nearest i came to seeing such a goal was When ALWYN did a stepover to beat his opponent but lost control but luckily Clifford hammered it in the friendly  against PALESTINE.

Now in the same match Palestine's 4th goal was excellent where the player beat Raju once then Gourmangi 2 times and hammered.I havent seen a goal where Indian team has scored a goal via skill from a forward or a winger.They just dnt have the skill and confidence to even try it.

Vineeth is one of the current Indian players capable of dribbling past players but Im not sure if he can finish it.It is unfortunate that he sits on bench. :/

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Meanwhile, I do not get the criticism at Junior, probably just jealousy. I just watched that game and for a 19-year old on his debut game against one of the more solid clubs in defense he did a very good job. He was involved a lot in the Shillong Lajong attack and he showed his poacher aspects as well many times. He is also good at positioning himself (see the 1st goal). Other Indian players would have just ran towards the goal but Junior stayed back for the ball to come to him and then, with the defender rushing at him and the goalkeeper coming straight at him, he calmly just passes the ball into the net. 

Edinho did very well. but seriously I dont know what he is doing in Indian Football. He is way better then that. I dont see him staying in India after I-league gets finished.

• > projenator said:
    > Since I league is being played in the 2 pm summer heat,

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/medical/playershealth/risks/heat.html

Churchill Brothers are playing there AFC Cup games at daytime in Pune even though Balewadi stadium has floodlights. what about Salt Lake Floodlights-still under repair???  

• > munna21977 said:
    > > projenator said:
    > > Since I league is being played in the 2 pm summer heat,

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/medical/playershealth/risks/heat.html

>
    >

Churchill Brothers are playing there AFC Cup games at daytime in Pune even though Balewadi stadium has floodlights. what about Salt Lake Floodlights-still under repair???  

IPL is happening there and then after that... I dont know. Just stupidity I guess.
  • > munna21977 said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Meanwhile, I do not get the criticism at Junior, probably just jealousy. I just watched that game and for a 19-year old on his debut game against one of the more solid clubs in defense he did a very good job. He was involved a lot in the Shillong Lajong attack and he showed his poacher aspects as well many times. He is also good at positioning himself (see the 1st goal). Other Indian players would have just ran towards the goal but Junior stayed back for the ball to come to him and then, with the defender rushing at him and the goalkeeper coming straight at him, he calmly just passes the ball into the net. 

Edinho did very well. but seriously I dont know what he is doing in Indian Football. He is way better then that. I dont see him staying in India after I-league gets finished.

>
    >

Mean neither but it is good for the league that we have a player like that.