Mumbai FC News

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Will they get a decent replacement now...with hardly a month of football left .....after that there is almost a 5month circus break
    munna219777AKB
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Mumbai next 4 fixtures:

April 8th Churchill Brothers. 

April 16th Chennai City

Then Lajong & East Bengal 

As they are 6 points behind the Relegation rival Churchill Brothers ...if they lose to CB on the next game....it is almost impossible for them to survive.

They would have to get all 9points from the 3 remaining fixtures and hope CB get none and the 15 goals difference between each is reduced !!

SAM ALLARDYCE would struggle to save them !
    Carbon_14archakmohammed_87hassanmunna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Isn't it funny that 3 teams are immune to relegation...Minerva, DSK & Chennai. Churchill being inducted after a long gap should have been in that list as well !
    AIFF is conducting the I-League in a comical fashion....do we actually need AIFF ? Ohhhh no without AIFF we would have been deprived of this Annual Comedy which has a new script every year.
    munna219777
    edited March 2017
    Can anybody tell....how many teams Santosh Kashyap touched & got relegated or on the verge of getting relegated before being kicked out ?
    I wonder why AIFF is not recommending his name for the 'Best Coach' Award.
    goalkeepargaffertape
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    He has relegated/expelled 5 teams in 100 pro matches. Our @Archak is allegedly writing a biography of Santosh called "How to relegate 5 teams within 100 matches"
    gaffertapearchak[Deleted User]Deb_BanAKBkarenesudhakar2050ashindiamunna219777
    Want to buy that book... should be a collector's item.  o:)
    gaffertapegoalkeeparmunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2017
    Relegation should be strictly followed. Last placed club should go out. This Corporate Direct entry should not save them from Relegation. 

BrainFallINDIACarbon_14deepakcashindia
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Maybe immunity for an year is acceptable  due to the fact that they didn't get much time to assemble the squad and other things .
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    I'll align more with @BrainFallINDIA.

Stupid AIFF relaxed the direct entry criteria to get clubs for the shrinking I-league. While that was understandable as the original criteria were too steep for a tottering league, but with loosening of financial and organisational norms, they should have tightened the relegation rules simultaneously. But yes, they should be immune for the first year as they really got very less time to assemble a team, and maybe for the second year as well as part of the overall package.

So two years of immunity instead of three, with a less stringent financial burden. Makes sense for an uncertain league.
    deepakc