Mumbai FC News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    gaffertape wrote:

with this being second time in a season and if he continues this way i dont see why he wont be shown the door for his activities and neither is result favouring him to stay with some fans already starting to raise some voice against him on mumbai fc official page as well..
    i wish he comes out clean and dont fall into such controversies again
  • So, Saying Kangaroo is racist now. Wonder how the Australia national team reacts when the fans shout Kangaroo's.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @ Arsenalfan
    Bob Houghton got sacked for much less ! and India -Australia had a major row over the 'monkey-gate' incident in cricket.
    Point is, this jackass of a coach should be reprimanded , he obviously has a lack of maturity and is a disgrace to the game.
    Having seen few of their matches in Pune this season , his behavior on the side line is always of this nature:
    Add to that the Moga incident, earlier this season .
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2012/01/25/2864464/i-league-sporting-clube-de-goas-james-moga-blasts-mumbai-fc

The League already has too many uneducated racist fans who make "chinky" remarks against Northeastern players and make offensive noises when African players commit infractions , is this really the kind of league we want to project in the next few years ?

• gaffertape wrote:
    @ Arsenalfan
    Bob Houghton got sacked for much less ! and India -Australia had a major row over the 'monkey-gate' incident in cricket.
    Point is, this jackass of a coach should be reprimanded , he obviously has a lack of maturity and is a disgrace to the game.
    Having seen few of their matches in Pune this season , his behavior on the side line is always of this nature:
    Add to that the Moga incident, earlier this season .
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2012/01/25/2864464/i-league-sporting-clube-de-goas-james-moga-blasts-mumbai-fc

The League already has too many uneducated racist fans who make "chinky" remarks against Northeastern players and make offensive noises when African players commit infractions , is this really the kind of league we want to project in the next few years ?

You do make a good point and maybe Jamil should be fined and possibly suspended for not keeping his temper and he should also be forced to release a statement in which he is sorry on the Mumbai FC website.

This kind of thing should not be tolerated and gives a bad image to Indian Football and to the kids watching at home.

But you have to admit that Jamil has been a good coach and a good developer of players, not as good as Kashyap of Air India but he is good but yes a suspension, fine and statement should be required.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Sorry arsenalfan
    Cant admit he's a good coach, coz all the games I've watched live in Pune, 3 home games & 1 away , {also a few on TV because of their sponsors they get more TV games } , all they do is play long ball football and try to score from set pieces.
    they are the Bolton wanderers of I_League , but the difference is , after scoring a goal , they always resort to time wasting tactics, especially their goalkeeper constantly feigning injuries.
    If you want to make the I-League a better product to TV fans then such teams should be sanctioned from TV evidence

• gaffertape wrote:
    Sorry arsenalfan
    Cant admit he's a good coach, coz all the games I've watched live in Pune, 3 home games & 1 away , {also a few on TV because of their sponsors they get more TV games } , all they do is play long ball football and try to score from set pieces.
    they are the Bolton wanderers of I_League , but the difference is , after scoring a goal , they always resort to time wasting tactics, especially their goalkeeper constantly feigning injuries.
    If you want to make the I-League a better product to TV fans then such teams should be sanctioned from TV evidence

I will be honest and say that I have only saw Mumbai FC on TV twice this season via stream. I saw them 5 times via random youtube videos and 2 times via Pune FC TV. (So 9 times) and from what I can tell (after watching the Mumbai FC 2-2 Pune FC highlights again just now) that Jamil does try to implement the long ball game but the players he have panic. They get scared and they begin to start rushing the game and thus boot the ball high in the air. Basically the players are not that skillful. I would like to see what Jamil could do with say Dempo or East Bengal but this is Mumbai FC who are being held up because of the Cooperage renovation are just not skillful enough for the long ball but at least you can tell he tries to use it.
  • ZeeshanZeeshan 0 Points
    I luv Mumbai fc.......and I wanna play for them....
    Mumbai FC & Don Bosco High School , Borivali (w) brings to you Soccer Clinic 2..

After the resounding Soccer Clinic last year its time to take up this initiative. Under the Clinic Manager Naushad Moosa its time for all the young footies to come ahead and join in the revolution.

Age groups of Under 8, Under 10, Under 12 & Under 14. Registration fees are Rs. 500/-

Soccer Clinic 2 begins from the 9th April 2012 to the 29th April 2012.

For more information please visit the Don Bosco High School, Borivali (West).

..............................................................................................................................
    i have a feeling that it was much well organised last time with option of getting all info online itself including forms...
    but good to see 4 diff age groups in the camps
    naushad moosa??he had been the youth team coach for mfc but accr to some news he was selected for regional academy as well...for info he is a afc 'A' licenced coach.
  • Hmm, Mumbai planning for the future. Now can they stay in the I-League!
    <div style="font-weight: normal; ">Mumbai fc official facebook page update:</div>
    <div><span style="font-weight: normal; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Guys we can understand in your request for playing in different age teams for Mumbai FC.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="font-weight: normal; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">We would like to inform you that U19 team for next season would be selected on trial basis around the month of September. We shall notify here once we go ahead with the trial.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b>There aren't any other age groups in Mumbai FC</b>!! Thank You !!</span> <br><div style="font-weight: normal; ">
    <br></div></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">so from on there wont be any u-15/u16 team under mumbai fc...a step backwards by mumbai fc i guess :(</div>