Mumbai Tigers 2013-14

13»

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote: »
    Expected lol....who da fack will pay 3 crores n play in empty stadium in pune...

<br><div><br></div><div>Will they get their money back though? <span style="font-size: 10pt;">8-></span></div>
    ''<div><br></div><div>maybe they haven't even paid!!!</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    no one has paid the full amounts.<div><br></div><div>AIFF came out with that ridiculous pay to play in I-League in part to ease its cash flow problem and also help fund its academies.</div><div>The ones that did sign up for I-League have made some back room deals, and no-one is paying 15 Crores over 3 years ,although they will have to take over the regional academies and probably invest more than that amount in infrastructure anyways.</div><div><br></div><div>Royal Wahingdoh are the only team capable of replacing Tigers and sustaining themselves, I just hope USFC don't get back in just to balance the schedule.</div><div><br></div><div>Ideally just throw Prayag out and be set with a 12 team I-League with no relegation and then allow these teams to bid for Marquee players in the IMG league.....sound familiar</div><div><br></div><div>Unfortunately I dont think this is the end of Tigers , i feel we will see them back in a few months along with Chennai Rangers & some other dodgy investors from Kerela </div><div><br></div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Chennai Rangers is a good shout, But it depends on them getting promoted to EPL from the championship.
  • I knew it-this idea that some mythical corporates will come and create some magical stadiums and take Indian Football to new heights is total sham. Everyone was criticising PSU clubs-Air India and ONGC that once we remove them-we will play in AFC Champions League. Cant progress with such duds like Mumbai Tigers. Anyways they were planning to play in Pune where not even 50 people will come to watch them play.<br><br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    What will happen of the money they paid to get the slot in I-league or the money got paid in verbally only?
  • Joyptan wrote: »
    What will happen of the money they paid to get the slot in I-league or the money got paid in verbally only?
    <br><br>I guess they never paid. Everything was in promise in future which never came. They are just some corporates looking for some opportunity to get tax-breaks on some on paper dodgy investment which didnt materialised. Remember there was one DSK group also who was supposed to build a new stadium in Pune? What happened?<br>