Asian Champions League (ACL)

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Hanoi T&T star FW Gonzalo will be out for 2 weeks with thigh injury. Will miss ACL match with Pune.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Douhou Pierre has been average this season and IMO not good enough for a team trying to at least attempt at the AFC Champions League. Calum Angus and Riga Mustapha are good enough.>>>

Do you ever watch Pune Fc match ?? Riga was Good and Douhou is average !

All People Here hating Riga , He cant trap a simple ball , Cant run properly !
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yes, i do watch Pune matches and I still stand by that.

As for the rest, thats what people told me when I supported Aaron Ramsey... look how that one turned out.
    Dude you are only one here who think Riga playing good ! lol
    and in case of ramsey , arsenal had enough replacement in squad for him but for riga we dont have 5th foreigner in team !
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    riga definitely not a great player but not as bad as people here claiming .....i think the pune central midfild and thier wingers are not providing any support to him .......
    in federation cup he was not in his position , wasted many chances !
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    i-league club don't cares how foriegners plays...they only want goals and shit player r scoring goals like odafa,moga....so stop complaining......if costa rica FW will not score goals club will not even think for a second to show him the boot...then hell with dribbling skills and electrifying run and passes...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @7negi Basically what @gopiajeesh said. Riga can not create his own chances, he is just not strong enough. He has speed and he has some good skill on the ball but he does not have the muscel power of Odafa or James Moga for example. Riga needs better service and that is where Pune fail. There defense is great but when you have a midfield that manages to lose the ball carelessly or only pass into useless spots then they are bound to give up goals.

And it is not as if he fails to score at all, he has scored 6 goals in 12 matches so far this season... 1 in the Federation Cup as well. So he is far from not contributing and this is a fantastic return for a guy who has not even played since 2011 and who is at the age of 32. It is not as if he is coming to India as a 27-year old who just played in the Spanish 2nd Division. He has past his prime and has barely played any professional football and yet he still manages the stats he has... you have to admit that is impressive.

So again, I stand by what I said. Against Muangthong United and the Melbourne Victory Riga and Pune have no chance but against Hanoi they have a huge chance. As for my Douhou complaint, I stand by that as well. He rarely loses the ball and does manage to find the odd amazing pass here and there but despite that he still seems like a position that Pune can improve upon.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I saw Riga play..he looked good