International Friendly Match : India v/s Philippines : 15th Nov

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    seems like a decent result against on paper a stronger team. i had put it down as a 0-2 or 0-3 result to india but seems that the defense really did a good job.

my perspective although couldnt see the match, i still feel that 4-2-3-1 seems to the best formation with sunil running in from deep & mehtab & lenny spreading the ball wide so sunil.& robin to be a threat.

sadly robin isnt the guy up top to be in a Number 9 position. so search should be on for another IM vijayan which allowed freedom for bhaichung to play.
  • India holding azkals is good
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    edited November 2013
    Philippines is a strong team with their foreign recruits and holding them I think was a good effort considering some changes in the line up and a different defense line up, which lived up to expectation. <div><br></div><div>As I mentioned before the defense is solid with the mid-filed looks great but once again the some players were not played by Wim, like Vineet and that other dude, Ralte, should have brought them in for a couple of minutes towards the end. Anyways, Wim has his own ways of playing strategy. Once again disappointed with our forward, except Sunil who scored. Without Sunil I just can't think of a striker in out team. Robin is a joker, he could have made use of this physical strength but that guy is not a striker, can he play in the defense? well we all saw that own goal.</div><div><br></div><div>This team with some minor changes can beat Nepal 2-0.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Agnst nepal i m sure india will not concede any goal
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    yes this time team India will not be complacent against Nepal..after loosing in front of hostile fans the team was hurt and wud want to win at any cost..wud be interesting to see Sunil's game as he always flops against Nepal maybe due to pressure or too many things on the mind
  • <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Philippines Coach admits being “lucky”</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Philippines Coach Michael Hans Weiss admitted his Team was “lucky” to have escaped with a 1-1 draw against India in the FIFA International Friendly at the Kanchenjunga Stadium on Friday (November15). Hans was speaking at the post-match Press Conference.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">read full details @<;/span><a href="http://footyshekkeer.blogspot.in/2013/11/philippines-coach-admits-being-lucky_9845.html"; rel="nofollow nofollow" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(59, 89, 152); cursor: pointer; text-decoration: none; font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">http://footyshekkeer.blogspot.in/2013/11/philippines-coach-admits-being-lucky_9845.html</a>;
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(56, 56, 56); font-family: 'bookman old style'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">the lush-green turf came in for praise from Hans. “I wish we had some 5-6 fields like this back in Philippines,” he said. “It was perfect for a game of high tempo.”</span><div><span style="color: rgb(56, 56, 56); font-family: 'bookman old style'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(56, 56, 56); font-family: 'bookman old style'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(56, 56, 56); font-family: 'bookman old style'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">:) Thts nice to hear about Indian turf frm a reputed coach..  </span></div>
  • Very rare to hear people (opponents) praising Indian turf.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    this match wud have been a disaster if it was held in Chennai..well done AIFF
  • @Ronny Why would it have been a disaster?