The Future of the I-League

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    That we will see later when the time comes...those clubs are not even born yet

For now we must concretise what we have
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why? When we already know it is crap I would just forget about them unless they shape up and show that they can provide something to the I-League. At this point we really need to take a hard look at Indian football and prioritize not just the on field product but what is provided off the field and from what I can see none of that is seen with any second tier side.

Its a slow development but you just have to deal with it, Rome was not built in a day and neither will Indian football.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Wait till this season is over...you wil know which corporate team is coming...
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points
    edited April 2014
    "... unless they shape up...": I would prefer it this way. Force them to shape up, not create something out of context. the very existence of a club means the passion is there, but not shaping up means that there is lack of vision/ management problem/ fear of future. This is to be targeted by AIFF.

Doing this is tough, particularly when the enforcing authority in question is AIFF, but doable.
    Well it is up to them in the end to do so. If Hindustan FC want to be in the I-League then fine, we will welcome you with open arms, but first show us that you can provide something to us, shape up your house, prove that you can connect and gain fans in your region and then we will do business with you. If not then we won't do business and before you know it, some corporate has created a club in your market and we don't need you anymore.
    I think it's the other way round. Hindustan FC definitely want to come to I-league. But they won't put their house in order. Why? Firstly, they don't know how, secondly, it's humongous task for the managers (who are incapable to hold the positions in the first place), thirdly, they don't have any incentive apart from being in the top flight (and the top flight is not in a very rosy hue), fourthly, they fear that if they upgrade the club management, the club itself may slip out from their grips.

Some of these fears are real, some are not. The job of parenting the managers should be taken up by a dedicated cell of AIFF, that is, if AIFF makes themselves free of those very fears. See, they did not let go the controls of the league from their hands.
    Very nice point Deb... 1 like to you sir!!! How can we expect clubs to let go of fears and get their houses in order or at least make an attempt if the AIFF can't really do so.
    By sharing watever revenue aiff is generating and then promising to share more once there is rise
    Thank you, @Arsenalfan, can't be happier on being in the same page as you.

Revenues, @preetam? All revenues are with IMG-R in exchange of the sponsorship money to AIFF. There is nothing for the clubs (they are the most unwanted entities under the circumstances).
    First give money then take money in the name of revenue...