Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BFC already signed a Left Back
    @7negi : Keegan is also a left back

Rino Anto is the right back

They also signed 2 Centre mids in addition to signing Udanta.

If the list they submitted is final then they have 27 players versus the 41 of East Bengal !
    Assuming an average wage will for both.. then every 2 years East Bengal will effectively be funding an extra I-League team in terms of players wages !!
    Just shows the waste in Indian football. 
    They should either spend this on a Reserve team which plays Kolkata League and other tournaments or on a youth team ( U-21) and focus on bringing their own players through.

souravindia7negigoalkeepar
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Gaffertape, The reason for EB to have 41 players in there roster is that they play the Kolkata league too which i feel its a very important tournament for them to compete.
    BFC dont have such requirement except the I-league, Fedaration cup & AFC cup perhaps?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @DX  a quick response , as not the appropriate thread...just take a quick glance at the U23 team in Bangalore right now... 1 East Bengal player , and that is Lalrindika Ralte...

Kolkata teams should start to use the CFL to groom good young players and also use their budgets to develop their own youngsters, how long can they keep trying to buy 40 players per year and fall short.

Look at the top clubs in the world ..they don't keep 40+ players on their books for the senior team ,,and they compete in 40+ games a season.

I'm curious to go and watch Armando's session now to see what the other 19 players are doing when the remaining 22 play a practice game ! 

After a CFL game where 11 players and possibly 3 subs play... the other 27 players have to do some form of a endurance session to be on the same fitness cycle as those who played..

No wonder Kolkata teams always have injury woes at the business end of the season
    footydipmunna219777bansktmohammed_87hassangoalkeepar7negi
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    41 players with 15-16 alloted cfl. some maybe for ISL ? dont know what they think. am sure they would have got 41 in the expectation of a long season and they need cover?
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    David Beckham set the trend for English footballers moving abroad as a trailblazer for growing the game – and now another former England captain wants to do the same in India.

Read more of Josh Walker's move to Bengaluru: http://the-fa.com/aysEUT
    Photo: David Beckham set the trend for English footballers moving abroad as a trailblazer for growing the game – and now another former England captain wants to do the same in India.    Read more of Josh Walker's move to Bengaluru: http://the-fa.com/aysEUT
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Beckham did not set the trend but okay.
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Trend  to those countries where football was no 1 ..
This discussion has been closed.