New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I hope it isn't true. Unless he actually believes he can do both Bengaluru FC and India I do not want to see this. Bengaluru FC can really be something else with him in charge.
    Deb_Banmunna219777kuldeep007
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    I hope Ashley does not accept it. He won't be able to change the NT's fortune unless serious structural changes take place (which I don't foresee happening in the near future). He will be -- as anybody else who would be coming to occupy this post -- a failure ...

Also, Ashly leaving BFC will put the club off balance, and jeopardize its chances in I-league. 
    munna219777goalkeeparkuldeep007
  • He will make a big mistake by signing up for this. Let him concentrate with BFC for the next 2 to 3 years.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Money offered to Ashley is much less than at BFC , so he doesn't want to go....

trying to get them to agree to allow him a part time role, given they can't afford what he wants...
    7negimunna219777kuldeep007
  • If its part time we are looking at I really think AIFF should not go ahead with this. The current situation in regards to the National team we are at we need a coach who is full time employed. He should be able to visit the local matches and scout for the players.
    I would hate to see a coach who is thinking of his league team rather than the national team.
    I really do not understand is it that difficult to get a coach??

munna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i say we let go our team into asylum and no football and let our team rank lower.. then we get to need two extra qualifiers against teams like bhutan in WCQ which irrespective of the ranking is going to give a huge ranking points for us... rather than direct second round where our current team are not expected to take much points with the current national team...

provided we win these matches against smaller teams which i suppose we would
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @shankar Those two qualifiers can be in April, May who knows.How will we stop I-League to prepare for First Round. Already I see I-League going all the way to June and our Second Round is in June only. For that we will have to sabotage I-league then.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I-League can play a weekday day inbetween at nights and then give a weekend off during qualifiers.... like it is done in europe for international match days...
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    International players are going to be tired as hell come June/July.
    munna219777kuldeep007
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    In second Round, we will play 3 home and 3 away games and there will be opportunity to get FIFA points. Last Time India was in second round with one off home and away with UAE. Nepal played Timor Leste and got some good FIFA points in First Round.
    I dont see India playing any International Games so most probably India will play First round.
    kuldeep007