Gurpreet Singh Sandhu

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Ronny said:
    Bad decision in my opinion. Played and won with BFC. Time to play in Norway and then move to a Champions league country. Sky is the limit but not when you stay in India
    Once you are used to ISL and India's comforts its difficult to move out. At his age I think it would be a safe to continue playing for BFC and keep his number 1 spot for Indian NT
    indian_goonergiridharanPassi
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Gupreet is in his 30s now. I know Goalkeepers tend to have a longer career but he got a massive contract at 31 for 5 years worth of crores that will set him up for life. 

I dont blame footballers for not taking it. They have only a small window to make money and any injury will ruin that too. 

Passiashindia
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Norwegian offer was more than what he gets at BFC?
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6477 Points
    If I'm in his position, be it 30 or 35, I would have taken this opportunity as I would be 1st choice GK for Stabaek and would have opened gates for better European leagues. They just promoted back from 2nd division to top tier, and they wouldn't have paid much, and the offer would definitely lower than BFC.

But Gurpreet is not monetary minded. He stayed in Norway more than 3 years, earned less and he is not even 2nd choice during his tenure. Major concern for him is he will be missing few of the NT matches and don't think he will be released for any National Camps & friendlies during non-FIFA windows. Also, he is very close to BFC management & one of the fan favorite in BFC. Like this, there might be many factors involved. 

Finally, I respect his decision. At-least, he tried his best during his early playing days. 
    gaffertapedeepak dedhaashindia
  • samsam 16428 Points
    That was his mid playing days. Before that during his early playing days he costed EB league titles.  :D
    Ronny
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6477 Points
    yes bro.. I remember. It happens for most of the Goal-Keepers during younger age.

Our U19 team in 2010 is good, though some issues with our players on some X factors :)

But in that time, he is the laughing-stock in our team and conceded silly goals against Iraq U19, also costed us match against Oman U-19, else we would have qualified for AFC Asian U-19 Cup finals.
    giridharan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Who the hell wanted Dheeraj to play abroad? :lol: He will play in ileague from 2024. 
    gaffertape
  • It's dheeraj fault only... Playing competitive football from the age of 13 but no significant improvement.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    He was always poor and Gill was always better than him. Somehow he got the hype and the starting XI.. oh wait Bibiano the fraudster was the coach. 
    goalkeepar
  • samsam 16428 Points
    A lot of buttering of Luis Norton de Matos cemented his place in the starting XI. I have seen it myself and have been told the same by many of his teammates including his GK mates. 
    indian_goonersouravindia